Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2022, 05:00 AM

726 posts, read 807,819 times

Advertisements

60% ami building located in the heart of downtown Brooklyn great location for anyone who work in the city access to all trains within blocks. Great food choices and shopping

https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/2775
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2022, 07:01 AM

585 posts, read 584,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
60% ami building located in the heart of downtown Brooklyn great location for anyone who work in the city access to all trains within blocks. Great food choices and shopping

https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/2775
It's for formerly homeless people too I think they taking alot of people out of shelters

Old 03-21-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
It's for formerly homeless people too I think they taking alot of people out of shelters
40% will go to the public

Old 03-22-2022, 12:21 AM

109 posts, read 121,125 times
wish they had 1 br too. finally something in my CB i can afford lol kind of. not too fond of electricity not being included. nevins street i will say is a bit sketchy at times but the area downtown is slowly improving overall. I still applied. good luck everyone.

Old 03-22-2022, 06:11 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,395,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty076 View Post
wish they had 1 br too. finally something in my CB i can afford lol kind of. not too fond of electricity not being included. nevins street i will say is a bit sketchy at times but the area downtown is slowly improving overall. I still applied. good luck everyone.
Same!

Old 03-25-2022, 12:56 AM

after reading more into this building I decided to withdraw my application. they will be including people with "severe mental illness". that just screams safety risk for me as a young woman. they will include support services and provide classes. i think it's a step in the right direction to get mental illness off the street and get the help they need but not a good idea to mix general public in there. don't get me wrong, i know there is always a chance of being neighbors with potential abusive or criminal type people in any other type of building even so call "luxury". I just think a building gears towards housing specific "severe mental illness" with general public will increase risk. look at what happen at 50 penn perfect example. just my honest gut feelings i ll wait for another CB building that hopefully I can afford that is not specific to housing people with issues. no offense to anyone.

Old 03-25-2022, 06:33 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,395,327 times
Where did you read that was it an article or on housing connect

Old 03-25-2022, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty076 View Post
after reading more into this building I decided to withdraw my application. they will be including people with "severe mental illness". that just screams safety risk for me as a young woman. they will include support services and provide classes. i think it's a step in the right direction to get mental illness off the street and get the help they need but not a good idea to mix general public in there. don't get me wrong, i know there is always a chance of being neighbors with potential abusive or criminal type people in any other type of building even so call "luxury". I just think a building gears towards housing specific "severe mental illness" with general public will increase risk. look at what happen at 50 penn perfect example. just my honest gut feelings i ll wait for another CB building that hopefully I can afford that is not specific to housing people with issues. no offense to anyone.
No one should be offended by you opinion to do what you think is best for you. As a young woman you should feel safe and if this type of housing would cause concern for you then absolutely pull out

Old 03-25-2022, 04:27 PM

it was this article. this website also lists upcoming buildings too! you select the borough on top under topics.
https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/02/nev...-brooklyn.html

Last edited by kitty076; 03-25-2022 at 05:24 PM..

Old 07-20-2022, 11:56 AM

98 posts, read 113,490 times
Log #s are out peeps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery