Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 09:59 AM

89 posts, read 49,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
You aren't a begger don't see it that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2022 View Post
You're not a beggar. Don't think it that way. We do pay rent... Why don't you give them a call and speed up the process? Sometimes you have to follow up with them. I rejected 50 Nevins but they called me and I told them to email me more info that they requested. (I like everything on writing, may be just me

Lol thank you both. I don't see myself as a literal beggar but I'm not rolling in lotteries right now so compromise is definitely necessary.

I'm not sure if I'm just impatient, they've asked for many of the same documents three times and an agent told me I'm not ready yet to tour. Some places move lightning fast and others at a snail's pace, but here it seems others submit and then boom, offers. I just sent another batch of docs two days ago which is very recent so I don't know if I just need to chill. I'm just afraid that all the "better" units might be taken up or I might not get anything at all, especially because I don't have CB preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2022, 10:12 AM

71 posts, read 65,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygal98 View Post
Lol thank you both. I don't see myself as a literal beggar but I'm not rolling in lotteries right now so compromise is definitely necessary.

I'm not sure if I'm just impatient, they've asked for many of the same documents three times and an agent told me I'm not ready yet to tour. Some places move lightning fast and others at a snail's pace, but here it seems others submit and then boom, offers. I just sent another batch of docs two days ago which is very recent so I don't know if I just need to chill. I'm just afraid that all the "better" units might be taken up or I might not get anything at all, especially because I don't have CB preference.
I requested to schedule a tour even though I didn't send in the second batch of document. Call them and ask them to schedule a tour for you. They called me and I told them I would like to see the unit.

Old 10-06-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2022 View Post
I requested to schedule a tour even though I didn't send in the second batch of document. Call them and ask them to schedule a tour for you. They called me and I told them I would like to see the unit.
When I spoke on the phone with the agent handling my application, I asked and she said "not yet". I tried calling the leasing company but there's only an option to learn how to apply for properties, unless I dialed the wrong number?

Old 10-06-2022, 01:45 PM

48 posts, read 36,603 times
Has general population been reached?

Old 10-06-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueplanet01 View Post
Has general population been reached?
I don't think so, I would imagine they would notify those pending if that were to happen.

Old 10-10-2022, 12:01 PM

Has anyone signed yet or recently moved on in the process? I'm getting a bit antsy :/

Old 10-12-2022, 06:10 AM

11 posts, read 9,410 times
Hey everyone I just learned about this forum my log number was picked and I was asked to submit documents I literally submitted everything on that list from the email lol .. does anyone have any updates on the application process ? I’ve seen a few people talk about second round of documents. What did they ask for in the second round? Has anyone signed or lease or have photos of any of the units.

Last edited by JaeNewyawka; 10-12-2022 at 06:21 AM..

Old 10-12-2022, 08:06 AM

48 posts, read 36,603 times
Do you have any preferences? Or are you general population?

Old 10-12-2022, 10:47 AM

11 posts, read 9,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueplanet01 View Post
Do you have any preferences? Or are you general population?
No no preferences just a 2 bedroom I believe im considered general population, I know the building is primarily for families and individuals coming from the shelter system or being homeless. I’m not in that situation so I’m assuming general population.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeNewyawka View Post
No no preferences just a 2 bedroom I believe im considered general population, I know the building is primarily for families and individuals coming from the shelter system or being homeless. I’m not in that situation so I’m assuming general population.
By preference I think they are referring to CB (Community Board), do you live in the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery