Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 09:35 AM

89 posts, read 49,629 times

Advertisements

Those who have moved in -- how do you feel about the building/apartment so far?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2023, 03:01 AM

26 posts, read 23,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygal98 View Post
Seems like ppl use this message board for insight from others but don’t return to give insight once they’ve moved in. Which sucks because pay the info forward like others have done for you smh.

Old 01-22-2023, 07:24 AM

5 posts, read 4,450 times
I agree.
I received a request to submit documents the first week of November log number in the low 300's. I submitted all my documents within 2 days. My application changed from pending to under review. I waited 3 weeks and since I received no update, I contacted Spring Leasing. Their voicemail was full, so I sent several emails which they did not bother to reply. I contacted HPD and they contacted the agency. Spring Leasing contacted me within 24 hours to inform me that they haven't reached my number, that they were processing lower log numbers and that the studios were limited. I waited another 3 weeks, had the same issue and contacted HPD again. They told me that they agency was up to log number mid 200's. It's been a few weeks since I last contacted them.

Old 01-22-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janeausten01 View Post
I agree.
I received a request to submit documents the first week of November log number in the low 300's. I submitted all my documents within 2 days. My application changed from pending to under review. I waited 3 weeks and since I received no update, I contacted Spring Leasing. Their voicemail was full, so I sent several emails which they did not bother to reply. I contacted HPD and they contacted the agency. Spring Leasing contacted me within 24 hours to inform me that they haven't reached my number, that they were processing lower log numbers and that the studios were limited. I waited another 3 weeks, had the same issue and contacted HPD again. They told me that they agency was up to log number mid 200's. It's been a few weeks since I last contacted them.

Just curious, did spring leasing ever reach out to you directly (via email or phone) for any additional documents after you submitted your first round of documents on the portal. When you spoke with HPD, did they receive your documents yet? Also, do you have Community board preference ?

Sorry to post so many questions. I just have no idea on where I am in the process. I got called in nov as well.

Old 01-22-2023, 03:24 PM

5 posts, read 4,450 times
No worries, happy to help.
Spring Leasing only reached out to me with an update because I contacted HPD. They haven't reached my log number yet (low 300's). Apparently, they don't have that many units left, and they are going over log numbers in the mid 200's. I do not have community board preference. I will only get a request for additional documents when they reach my log number.

Old 01-22-2023, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janeausten01 View Post
No worries, happy to help.
Spring Leasing only reached out to me with an update because I contacted HPD. They haven't reached my log number yet (low 300's). Apparently, they don't have that many units left, and they are going over log numbers in the mid 200's. I do not have community board preference. I will only get a request for additional documents when they reach my log number.
Thanks so much. They reached out to me via email for additional documents and kept asking for more documents. The last time I contacted the person assigned to my application, she said she had submitted my documents to hpd for approval and was waiting to hear back. Now I’m scared because huh said there’s not many units left. I do have community board preference but my number is high so I have no idea what to think at this point. I really want this apartment so badly

Old 01-22-2023, 08:36 PM

250 posts, read 251,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover55 View Post
Thanks so much. They reached out to me via email for additional documents and kept asking for more documents. The last time I contacted the person assigned to my application, she said she had submitted my documents to hpd for approval and was waiting to hear back. Now I’m scared because huh said there’s not many units left. I do have community board preference but my number is high so I have no idea what to think at this point. I really want this apartment so badly
Did you tour the apartment already and did they say how long ago they submitted documents to HPD? Maybe you should try giving HPD a call

Old 01-23-2023, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
Did you tour the apartment already and did they say how long ago they submitted documents to HPD? Maybe you should try giving HPD a call
No, I haven’t toured yet. I requested a tour but haven’t heard back. No she never told me when she submitted it, just that it was submitted for approval. I know I sent in my last document at the end of December so I figured I’d give it some time because the holidays just passed and working for the city myself, I know a lot of city agencies move slow around holiday season.

Old 01-23-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygal98 View Post
Hey, I noticed you were approved months ago (you mentioned in previous comment). Where are you in the process now? Have you seen the apartments? What happened after you got approved ?

Old 01-23-2023, 05:04 PM

33 posts, read 23,677 times
Log #4,8xx mobility disability
I’ve been emailing and submitting documents the past two weeks, I’m curious to know how people that have already moved in feel about the building and apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery