Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 08:45 PM

800 posts, read 739,051 times

Advertisements

So going forward any time ur requested to submit documents, they have to go by these new limits? Even if the lottery closed prior?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 08:47 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,427,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zee619 View Post
So going forward any time ur requested to submit documents, they have to go by these new limits? Even if the lottery closed prior?
No not for anything prior. Prior stays as is.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:48 PM

57 posts, read 62,164 times
Hey @Zee619 Are these New AMI 80% for me these price are Market Rent! I think it’s time Just buy Cooperative!

Old 04-22-2022, 09:27 PM

32,014 posts, read 27,191,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zee619 View Post
There is a window of time where previous AMI numbers can be used, but think it depends upon how far along process for particular applicant.

Someone being reached out to initially likely would have to go with new numbers. Another further along and merely is sending in another set of documents to wrap things up before getting a lease would be another matter.

You cannot tell people who started approval process say a week or so ago, and now are in home finish they no longer qualify because of new AMI numbers.

Now that NYC's housing agency has new AMI for 2022 up on their website that suggests for anything going forward those are numbers used.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
There is a window of time where previous AMI numbers can be used, but think it depends upon how far along process for particular applicant.

Someone being reached out to initially likely would have to go with new numbers. Another further along and merely is sending in another set of documents to wrap things up before getting a lease would be another matter.

You cannot tell people who started approval process say a week or so ago, and now are in home finish they no longer qualify because of new AMI numbers.

Now that NYC's housing agency has new AMI for 2022 up on their website that suggests for anything going forward those are numbers used.
Wait so you’re saying for places that I’m waiting for log numbers to come out will all change their AMI ranges?

If so that’s crazy. I’ll only rly qualify for 1 place that I applied to since my income got bumped to a lower AMI.

I’m not sure if that first half is accurate because I applied to a place back in 2018 when they finally reached my log number in 2020 and told me which units were available at which AMI I logged back into my old housing connect and they were going by the same income for the 165AMI back in 2018 for 2020. Nothing had changed. Rent price, AMI range income was exactly the same as years ago.

Last edited by Gilmoregal; 04-22-2022 at 09:54 PM..

Old 04-22-2022, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Wait so you’re saying for places that I’m waiting for log numbers to come out will all change their AMI ranges?

If so that’s crazy. I’ll only rly qualify for 1 place that I applied to since my income got bumped to a lower AMI.
That do be how things work I'm afraid.

Going forward city seems intent on taking 130% AMI off table and forcing developers to work with only 80% and below. That's how BdeB shoved his SoHo rezoning through in last days of his administration. But that was just more class/race baiting as he and usual suspects want to bust SoHo.

https://citylimits.org/2021/12/20/ne...y-really-cost/

Old 04-22-2022, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
That do be how things work I'm afraid.

Going forward city seems intent on taking 130% AMI off table and forcing developers to work with only 80% and below. That's how BdeB shoved his SoHo rezoning through in last days of his administration. But that was just more class/race baiting as he and usual suspects want to bust SoHo.

https://citylimits.org/2021/12/20/ne...y-really-cost/
Yeah I know about them taking 130AMI off but I’m asking in housing connect are they going to go into the descriptions and change the AMI numbers for every single building that hasn’t started contacting ppl? Like are they going to change the AMIs to existing lotteries that we are waiting for log numbers to come out? I thought it would be any new building that comes to the website will have the updated AMI range so people can know what they qualify for and apply. It doesn’t make sense to me for them to go in and change all the AMI ranges for already published lotteries that people applied to based on the AMI ranges. It means myself and a bunch of other ppl no longer qualify for a lot of lotteries we already applied to

They also haven’t done that before.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah I know about them taking 130AMI off but I’m asking in housing connect are they going to go into the descriptions and change the AMI numbers for every single building that hasn’t started contacting ppl? Like are they going to change the AMIs to existing lotteries that we are waiting for log numbers to come out? I thought it would be any new building that comes to the website will have the updated AMI range so people can know what they qualify for and apply. It doesn’t make sense to me for them to go in and change all the AMI ranges for already published lotteries that people applied to based on the AMI ranges. It means myself and a bunch of other ppl no longer qualify for a lot of lotteries we already applied to

They also haven’t done that before.
What AMI bands are included in various developments are worked out as part of zoning and other bits from city when things are approved.

As have already said, *NO* city is not going to reach back and let those who have not yet been chosen to begin process to use 2021 AMI numbers. That just is not how things go. Those merely who have entered lotteries, are waitlisted and otherwise have not officially begun process will be subjected to AMI numbers that are in force when they are called to begin process. If that doesn't happen by certain date in April 2023, then a whole new set of AMI numbers will be in place.

"Affordable housing is based on a household's percentage of Area Median Income (AMI), which is set by the federal government on a yearly basis.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...u-qualify.page

https://www.thecity.nyc/2020/6/28/21...rst-low-income

Last edited by BugsyPal; 04-22-2022 at 10:33 PM..

Old 04-23-2022, 05:56 AM

Quote:

I’m not sure if that first half is accurate because I applied to a place back in 2018 when they finally reached my log number in 2020 and told me which units were available at which AMI I logged back into my old housing connect and they were going by the same income for the 165AMI back in 2018 for 2020. Nothing had changed. Rent price, AMI range income was exactly the same as years ago.
No I don’t think you’ll be be disqualified. I can’t recall where I read this but I think only the ceiling changes.

Example: if 100 AMI was 60k-80k and now updated to 70k-90k, I believe closed lotteries will still use 60k as the lower range. I’m like 99% sure of this

My question was if someone has not been contacted to send documents yet, and gets contacted later in the year (let’s say November 2022) but the lottery closed in January 2022 & their income went from 75k (in the range of the old AMI) to now 85k (in the range of the new AMI) will they now be disqualified because they’ve exceeded the initial range? or will they go the updated 2022 range ?

Old 04-23-2022, 05:57 AM

Lol I’m rereading my post and I hope I made sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery