Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2023, 11:15 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydddd View Post
Application went from under review to review complete. The marketing agent will contact you with more instructions ? Does that mean it’s approved
Yes, congrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2023, 10:54 PM

64 posts, read 59,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Log #27xx got contacted to submit documents nearly two months ago but I withdrew.
Omg I just got selected. This building was the reason I got back in the affordable housing system. I was done after so many rejections. I’ll have to withdraw as well.

Old 04-06-2023, 10:58 PM

4 posts, read 4,486 times
just got asked for documents, are there still 1 bedrooms left by any chance?

Old 04-10-2023, 07:20 AM

411 posts, read 227,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
The building management should make some rules like creating proximity where the dogs can conduct their business outside, & if they can't wait, the owner will have to be responsible for picking up their dog's poop &/or wiping their pee properly. That's what my building management did & sometimes some tenants got warning about it when their dogs were pooping/peeing within proximity & they didn't bother to clean it up.
I wish people would take more pride in where they live. I also wish they could spend a day with the crew that cleans up after them. I always say hello and thank you to the guys who clean my trash room and spray the P*** off the side of the building.

Old 04-10-2023, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 2,757 times
I just sent in my documents and theyre under review. How is $2500 affordable for someone making $120K?!!!!!

Regardless, I am going to go through the process. Anyone know how long it takes to receive a response? This is my first time going through the process.

I am hesitant to pay $2.5K. I make $115K and its still too much.

Old 04-10-2023, 06:15 PM

3 posts, read 2,757 times
how long did it take for you to receive this notice? I am log #49xx. Reading back, it seems like this has been going on since 2022?

Will we have to wait as long as others or is this the end of process? Again, I am unfamiliar.

Last edited by naiveeducation; 04-10-2023 at 07:11 PM..

Old 04-17-2023, 09:15 AM

5 posts, read 5,756 times
I live here. With all honesty it’s not worth the money. Best thing about this building is the location. The space is small which I’m not the most worried about. But they put cheaper appliances and cheaper finishes in the lottery apartments. The walls are very thin which makes it easy to hear your neighbors next to you. Even some in the market rate apartments are disappointed with this building. Entrance is nice and the amenities are too but don’t be fooled. You are basically roommates with your next door neighbors.

Old 04-17-2023, 01:28 PM

585 posts, read 583,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGR88 View Post
I live here. With all honesty it’s not worth the money. Best thing about this building is the location. The space is small which I’m not the most worried about. But they put cheaper appliances and cheaper finishes in the lottery apartments. The walls are very thin which makes it easy to hear your neighbors next to you. Even some in the market rate apartments are disappointed with this building. Entrance is nice and the amenities are too but don’t be fooled. You are basically roommates with your next door neighbors.
Yea I've noticed the apartments are cheaper and smaller

Old 04-18-2023, 12:23 PM

411 posts, read 227,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGR88 View Post
Wow - I wanted this building but so glad I decided not to. I can see this building from my place. Are you on the stadium lights side? Is it as bright as it looks?

Old 05-10-2023, 08:27 AM

225 posts, read 304,566 times
Anyone living in this building have thoughts on living there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery