Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2023, 06:33 PM

351 posts, read 369,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanchanel View Post
a lot of people in the 130% ami must be moving out because my log is 9xxx and I was just asked to submit documents.
Me too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2023, 10:00 PM

62 posts, read 47,041 times
Do we know why people are moving out??

Old 09-28-2023, 10:44 PM

20 posts, read 15,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djembe25 View Post
Do we know why people are moving out??
Eh, wouldn’t put too much thought into it. The building is great, probably just the regular shuffle.
I live here and haven’t had any issues at all. Just wish I lived on one of the floors with the Manhattan views

Old 09-29-2023, 08:41 AM

77 posts, read 59,138 times
Rose Associates is the leasing management company. I live in one of their other properties. I have no complaints, they are pristine. Just got contacted for this place.

Old 10-11-2023, 06:26 AM

103 posts, read 102,241 times
I was contacted to submit documents, log #10,XXX. Surprised they made it this far!

Old 10-11-2023, 10:33 AM

I turned down the apartment offered log 9xxx. The apartment was small and oddly shaped, faced the LIU field on a lower floor. All for the affordable price of $2700. Plus it felt extremely cheap, no tub just a small shower. It felt like a gym or dorm, even an extended stay hotel. I started thinking if a builder goes this far out of their way to make sure the “affordable housing units” have cheaper less desirable finishes than MR, how are they going to treat me as a tenant. The building prides itself on luxury especially with the finishes yet it has no care for the AHU. While I live in another Rose Associate property I have a MR home, I now suspect there may be a difference in how the tenants are treated. Good luck.

Old 10-11-2023, 10:37 AM

29 posts, read 20,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBRKLYN21 View Post
I turned down the apartment offered log 9xxx. The apartment was small and oddly shaped, faced the LIU field on a lower floor. All for the affordable price of $2700. Plus it felt extremely cheap, no tub just a small shower. It felt like a gym or dorm, even an extended stay hotel. I started thinking if a builder goes this far out of their way to make sure the “affordable housing units” have cheaper less desirable finishes than MR, how are they going to treat me as a tenant. The building prides itself on luxury especially with the finishes yet it has no care for the AHU. While I live in another Rose Associate property I have a MR home, I now suspect there may be a difference in how the tenants are treated. Good luck.
Good to know. Was that 1bd the only unit being offered?

Old 10-11-2023, 10:46 AM

Yes. I was told this was the only 1 br available. I was also shown 2 studios on higher floors facing downtown. The view was nice but they wouldn’t work for my needs.

Old 10-12-2023, 08:36 AM

435 posts, read 247,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBRKLYN21 View Post
I looked at the MR 1 BR's since I live nearby. I had the exact same impression as you with respect to size, layout and view if you're on the Ashland Pl side.

Old 10-12-2023, 11:50 AM

Yeah, I really love this location so it was hard to let go but in the long run I know it’s for the best given all the negatives for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery