Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2023, 07:30 AM

11 posts, read 10,724 times

Advertisements

log number is 18xx 80% ami any chance they will reach out to me ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2023, 07:33 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANONYMOUSX37 View Post
log number is 18xx 80% ami any chance they will reach out to me ?
There is always a chance. That said, it is a pretty desirable area and a relatively nice building. Apartments for AMIs under 100% tend to be taken much quicker (by lower logs) than higher AMI units. I would say your odds aren't great, but there is no reason to lose hope. Just know that it will take a while for you to be contacted, if you are, and you should have another plan for housing if you need to move from where you are now any time soon.

Old 04-27-2023, 06:44 AM

98 posts, read 154,851 times
They rejected me because I’m missing April 2023 statements but they requested my documents in March so how would that have been possible. At this point I’m not even sure I want to appeal. Ridiculous.

Old 04-27-2023, 04:26 PM

40 posts, read 41,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandblack93 View Post
They rejected me because I’m missing April 2023 statements but they requested my documents in March so how would that have been possible. At this point I’m not even sure I want to appeal. Ridiculous.
Ohhh wow I still haven’t heard back from anyone mines still says under review

Old 04-27-2023, 04:38 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandblack93 View Post
You should appeal. Someone made a mistake. The process is a chore. Stick with it and it can reward you. Perhaps you are not enchanted with this building but in the future there could be an enchanting building. An appeal for this one now could prepare you for an appeal at that enchanting building in the future.

Old 04-27-2023, 06:37 PM

123 posts, read 122,436 times
I have a random question. Are Home Health Aides city workers? My mother works as a Home Health Aide (taking care of my sister) for a fully insured, full-service, Joint Commission-accredited home care services agency, licensed with the New York State Department of Health. I don't know whether to label my mother as a city worker or not on the household on NYC Housing Connect.

Old 04-27-2023, 06:57 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by becca4755 View Post
I have a random question. Are Home Health Aides city workers? My mother works as a Home Health Aide (taking care of my sister) for a fully insured, full-service, Joint Commission-accredited home care services agency, licensed with the New York State Department of Health. I don't know whether to label my mother as a city worker or not on the household on NYC Housing Connect.
Depends upon who is actual employer. Qualifications listed pretty much cover all home health aides if they are to be paid by private insurance and or government funds. That does not always translate into said aide being hired (and paid) directly by Health and Hospital Corporation or some other municipal agency.

Is your mother paid by the city or a private agency? If latter is there anyway said agency is connected to NYC government that would qualify your mother as a municipal employee.

Old 04-27-2023, 09:05 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Quote:
She works for Edison Home Health Care which is the joint Commission-accredited home care services agency.
Answered you on the other thread you posted this on but just for everyone's benefit, the answer is almost definitely no. None of the things you mentioned indicate that she would be a city employee. When they say that it doesn't mean someone who works in NYC (that would be almost everyone who lives in NYC) or even a private agency contracted with the City of NY, they mean an employee of the City of NY, literally the NYC government, H+H, or CUNY.

Old 04-27-2023, 09:11 PM

123 posts, read 122,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Answered you on the other thread you posted this on but just for everyone's benefit, the answer is almost definitely no. None of the things you mentioned indicate that she would be a city employee. When they say that it doesn't mean someone who works in NYC (that would be almost everyone who lives in NYC) or even a private agency contracted with the City of NY, they mean an employee of the City of NY, literally the NYC government, H+H, or CUNY.
Thank you for explaining this!

Old 05-02-2023, 02:22 PM

4 posts, read 3,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romysdogmom View Post
5k w CB
So did you get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery