Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 12:11 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
So today my "Pending" applications decreased by 1 and my "Completed" applications increased by 1 and I have no idea which one it is. I'm assuming I was rejected by a marketing team and I can't tell which one. So frustrating.
I read somewhere pending means all the units have been filled and that you're on some kind of waitlist after that? Now im confused because yours went to complete..did you get an email?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2022, 12:17 PM

89 posts, read 87,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
I read somewhere pending means all the units have been filled and that you're on some kind of waitlist after that? Now im confused because yours went to complete..did you get an email?
I think it’s a glitch today because my profile says 10 pending when I’ve applied to over 50 applications. They all had pending yesterday and there’s been no update on my account

Old 06-07-2022, 12:26 PM

39 posts, read 40,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
I can confirm that a 'pending' status means that all units for your AMI have been filled and a snapshot of your application is put on a waitlist! Not sure why BPC1999's application was marked as 'complete' but I've never heard of a situation where they reach out to announce that a person has been rejected unless the agency was already in correspondence with them. If anyone has, please let us know!

See below an email I received for a lottery I've been waitlisted on:

-

"Your application has been set as pending because there are no more units for your income and household size.

Your application snapshot has been created for this lottery and if you make changes to your household or income, they will not be reflected for this lottery.

You don't need to take any further action. If an appropriate unit for your income and household size becomes available, and your application is reached for further processing, you will get a request to upload and submit documents. Those documents must support the household information in your Housing Connect account."

Old 06-07-2022, 12:29 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by em710 View Post
I can confirm that a 'pending' status means that all units for your AMI have been filled and a snapshot of your application is put on a waitlist! Not sure why BPC1999's application was marked as 'complete' but I've never heard of a situation where they reach out to announce that a person has been rejected unless the agency was already in correspondence with them. If anyone has, please let us know!

-

"Your application has been set as pending because there are no more units for your income and household size.

Your application snapshot has been created for this lottery and if you make changes to your household or income, they will not be reflected for this lottery.

You don't need to take any further action. If an appropriate unit for your income and household size becomes available, and your application is reached for further processing, you will get a request to upload and submit documents. Those documents must support the household information in your Housing Connect account."
Thank you!

Old 06-07-2022, 12:47 PM

828 posts, read 766,714 times
Quote:

-

I'm referring to the "My Applications" section of HC2.

There are four categories; Pending, In Process, Action Required, and Completed.

This morning, my Pending number went from 48 to 47 and my Completed number went from 26 to 27. My point is, unless I write a list of which is which, I can't keep track. It's just annoying, not really a big deal - unless I was rejected incorrectly, have no idea I was rejected and miss my chance to appeal.

Old 06-07-2022, 12:58 PM

39 posts, read 40,247 times
Quote:
I'm referring to the "My Applications" section of HC2.

There are four categories; Pending, In Process, Action Required, and Completed.

This morning, my Pending number went from 48 to 47 and my Completed number went from 26 to 27. My point is, unless I write a list of which is which, I can't keep track. It's just annoying, not really a big deal - unless I was rejected incorrectly, have no idea I was rejected and miss my chance to appeal.
Try sorting the applications in the 'Complete' tab by "Closing date (latest first)".
I don't have 100% certainty but the first one on the list might be the one that you're looking for?
Definitely send an inquiry to clarify why the application status changed!

Old 06-07-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Try sorting the applications in the 'Complete' tab by "Closing date (latest first)".
I don't have 100% certainty but the first one on the list might be the one that you're looking for?
Definitely send an inquiry to clarify why the application status changed!
Good suggestion, but it still makes no sense after sorting. I'll just have to write down my list.

Another reason that "List View" would be helpful.

Old 06-07-2022, 02:35 PM

21 posts, read 17,573 times
Quote:
So today my "Pending" applications decreased by 1 and my "Completed" applications increased by 1 and I have no idea which one it is. I'm assuming I was rejected by a marketing team and I can't tell which one. So frustrating.
They recently did updates on the website, I wonder if that has anything to do with it

Old 06-09-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaWin05 View Post
I think it’s a glitch today because my profile says 10 pending when I’ve applied to over 50 applications. They all had pending yesterday and there’s been no update on my account
In my "Dashboard", it says that I have 10 Pending application and nothing else. But in the "My Applications" section all of my applications are accurately represented. It's definitely a new glitch since the update.

I would use "My Applications" section for now.

Old 06-09-2022, 08:11 AM

33 posts, read 30,207 times
The statuses are used by each marketing company differently. There is a “No Units Remaining” status and I have one project in that status and they kindly emailed me to notify me as well. I was told by one marketing company that my application was updated with the “Ineligible” status because no units remained, and I was and am still eligible. For another building I was told that my application status was updated to “Pending” because they were still working on preferences. Some statuses never get updated from “Applied.” There seems to be very limited accuracy and case by case.

Under the Pending filter is actually the “Applied” and “Pending” statuses in case anyone is referring to the “general” Pending filter. This difference should be more obvious on the site and should be two different filters. But I guess the statuses are not helpful anyway lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery