Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2024, 04:55 PM

15 posts, read 8,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingthruthenight View Post
How did you like the apartment when you toured?
The apartment's nice, but its different from the photos on the website. I'm not sure if this is only the case with the apartment I saw but it didn't have all those big floor to ceiling windows, just regular windows. It has a washer dryer which is great, and the kitchen is really big and new. Overall, it's much smaller than I expected, but the amenities make up for it, I think. The roof is cool because of the grills and views. As is the gym. But the actual apt is definitely not the same as the photos. I'm not sure if this is the case with all of the 1-beds though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2024, 07:03 PM

3 posts, read 1,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon_d View Post
The apartment's nice, but its different from the photos on the website. I'm not sure if this is only the case with the apartment I saw but it didn't have all those big floor to ceiling windows, just regular windows. It has a washer dryer which is great, and the kitchen is really big and new. Overall, it's much smaller than I expected, but the amenities make up for it, I think. The roof is cool because of the grills and views. As is the gym. But the actual apt is definitely not the same as the photos. I'm not sure if this is the case with all of the 1-beds though!
I see. Thank you so much! What sqft would you say the 1-bed apt is?

Old 02-21-2024, 06:36 AM

15 posts, read 8,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingthruthenight View Post
I see. Thank you so much! What sqft would you say the 1-bed apt is?
Hmm I'm not certain, but comparing it to my current apartment, I'd say between 450-500 sqft? The living room feels normal sized and it has a little dining nook by the window which is cute. The bedroom's quite small. There was a bed in the model apt and with furniture it definitely felt quite small.

Old 02-21-2024, 07:48 PM

8 posts, read 3,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon_d View Post
This is my thinking too. I've only been asked for the first round of docs so not sure if there'll be anything available by the time they get to me. I did just tour the building though. The only 1 bed they showed me was the model apartment on the 6th floor. Is that the same type of 1-bed you got? They didn't say anything about what floors are available to lottery folks either.

I never saw the model apartments. I assume they are all more or less the same. I am on the 9th floor. I would think 2-11 are housing lottery apartments and then the rest are market rate. Just make sure your apartment isn’t on the same floor as the golf room.

Old 02-21-2024, 07:54 PM

31 posts, read 26,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tephra24 View Post
I never saw the model apartments. I assume they are all more or less the same. I am on the 9th floor. I would think 2-11 are housing lottery apartments and then the rest are market rate. Just make sure your apartment isn’t on the same floor as the golf room.
What floor is the golf room?

Old 02-27-2024, 07:56 PM

8 posts, read 3,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy_nyc View Post
What floor is the golf room?
It’s on the 6th floor

Old 02-28-2024, 08:20 AM

7 posts, read 2,948 times
I was contacted on 2/9/24 to submit documents which I submitted same day. I'm wondering what my chances are of getting in?
My log number is 15xx and this is for a studio 70% AMI

Old 02-28-2024, 10:25 AM

111 posts, read 71,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrstechno View Post
I was contacted on 2/9/24 to submit documents which I submitted same day. I'm wondering what my chances are of getting in?
My log number is 15xx and this is for a studio 70% AMI
You’re the first one in quite some time to be contacted for 70%. So maybe someone moved out.

Old 03-01-2024, 09:43 AM

8 posts, read 3,911 times
Are there any 70% AMI units left? My status on HC2 was updated as ineligible. I am 6xxx and I'm
eligible for 70% not 130%. Seems a bit odd that someone was contacted for docs a few days ago but they're marking people as ineligible.

Old 03-01-2024, 11:35 AM

7 posts, read 2,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManifestingLowLog View Post
Are there any 70% AMI units left? My status on HC2 was updated as ineligible. I am 6xxx and I'm
eligible for 70% not 130%. Seems a bit odd that someone was contacted for docs a few days ago but they're marking people as ineligible.
In the email that was sent to me, it stated there were only studios available at 70% AMI and that was on 2/9.

I uploaded docs via pronto and HC and my application is still "under review" but I don't want to get my hopes up.

I also thought the log numbers went in numerical order but from reading this thread I see that's not the case. The whole process seems kind of complicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery