Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 11:35 AM

9 posts, read 3,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayNYC4ever View Post
Does anyone know how long it typically takes for a finished building to get a CO?
It really depends. This building had its CO denied twice from what I can see. Could be weeks, could be months - it’s uncertain.

Did you apply for this building?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 11:37 AM

37 posts, read 33,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionmixer View Post
It really depends. This building had its CO denied twice from what I can see. Could be weeks, could be months - it’s uncertain.

Did you apply for this building?
Not this building, but 68 gold. They are still waiting on the CO for that building too. Hopefully it doesn't take too long!

Old 10-24-2022, 01:33 PM

8 posts, read 5,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7continents View Post
Just a bit of wisdom...It was not a lottery unit, but I was in a brand new privately owned building. The very small one bedroom had its own utility closet with a brand new on demand high efficiency water heater. It also had a brand new heat/air con system in the ceiling (not your average through the outer wall of the building type) and a gas stove.
Even with all this: one person, tiny apartment and all new systems, my utility charges took my rent over the top. They may even charge you for the water itself, since you are already metered for the hot water heater costs. I'm sure this building won't have the very high end electronics my unit had.

My lottery unit rent is slightly less than the rent on the other place, but my overall rent is still much cheaper as I have heat, gas and water included for as long as I stay there.
I also had the same C/O issue. It was no for months, but once an inspector signs off, it becomes effective immediately so this can change at a moments notice. If they offer, do NOT move your stuff in to your unit for storage until you can live there. This makes it more difficult to back out if things change.
How much was the electricity bill if you don't mind?

Old 10-26-2022, 11:19 AM

9 posts, read 3,819 times
I would pass on this building. I have heard some horror stories that CO's can take MONTHS to receive. Who has the time to wait around for that? Plus there are definitely market apartments that are way better than this.

Old 10-26-2023, 07:56 AM

187 posts, read 121,273 times
Is anyone currently living in this building? I got called for docs this morning

Old 10-26-2023, 07:58 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,491,357 times
Also called, 15xx. Will withdraw.

Old 10-26-2023, 08:17 AM

214 posts, read 220,653 times
I got called also. Will probably continue. Looks like a lot of amenities and is on the more affordable side of these apartments. Would also love to hear from anyone who lives here!

Old 10-26-2023, 09:27 AM

57 posts, read 88,987 times
I got called as well - did anyone tour and get pics or a floorplan? this pictures make the 1 beds seem tiny...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery