Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2022, 08:16 PM

394 posts, read 569,022 times

Advertisements

Hey all. So I recently saw my log number posted for a waiting list development in Brooklyn. I got a log under 500 and I’m curious if anyone has any stories they are willing to share with a waiting list. I’m assuming that I’d be kept on this list for years to come lol. If they post a waiting list for a development, does it mean that they are going to have unit available soon? Does anyone have success stories of winning a lottery after getting a log number and waiting ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2022, 08:51 AM

411 posts, read 227,860 times
I was put on an internal wait list at lease up of a new building. I got an apartment a couple of months later.
I applied for two FHA re-rentals and both emailed me regularly asking for info updates as required by law. I withdrew from both as I decided one was not better enough than my current and the other seemed a bit sketchy in that they seemed to be allowing a single person to apply for a two bed.
Good luck.

Old 07-26-2022, 09:18 AM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
I applied to a waiting list in October and I heard back at the end of may and got a tour my log was 1000 something. Granted it was an older building without amenities slightly cheaper than market rate and a block from times square so it was not an as desirable building but you definitely have a chance. Generally they have a couple re-rentals when they list it but it might only be a couple units and then you are added for when things open up.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:00 AM

17 posts, read 14,680 times
Good morning All,

Based on you’re experience, If you’re contacted for a unit and it turns out to be a studio typically how long do you guys think it will take to be pulled off the waiting list for a 1bedroom ? Do people usually leave after a few weeks or so ? This is my first time going through the process and I didn’t really want a studio but I’m going to have to take it. I was looking at a forum for that project and most of the people are stating that they’re not going to accept it because they’re taking a bunch of supportive housing folks and it will be similar to a shelter (The Kira Apartments). Any information that can be provided will be extremely helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery