Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2022, 06:01 AM

51 posts, read 38,983 times

Advertisements

10xxx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2022, 06:40 AM

444 posts, read 388,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Same here! lol I wish they would move the DMV elsewhere but until they do we have to deal with those surroundings. I could never figure out why they concentrate in that area. Wasn't aware of any nearby shelters and figured there's a methadone clinic somewhere nearby. Years back I used to shop at the Pathmark on the southern corner and it was just as bad back then! Something's gotta give for that area!
There is a clinic across the street from my son's preschool.

My log number is 35xxx I was hoping for better

Old 08-21-2022, 08:31 PM

65 posts, read 56,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celialexington View Post
Do you have any preferences? Have you been called?
no preferences.

Old 08-21-2022, 10:11 PM

137 posts, read 147,438 times
68xxx smh laughable absolutely ridiculous

Old 08-22-2022, 12:38 AM

3 posts, read 4,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevie123 View Post
Wow that's an amazing log number. Do you have any preferences?
I don't have any preferences. I am a service-connected disabled veteran, and new to NYC by way of California.

Old 08-22-2022, 12:42 AM

3 posts, read 4,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Do you live now in Community Board 11? East of 5th Ave, North of E 96th St. See white portion of map at link.

If you do live in CB11 now, your chances are greatly increased. Because CB11 residents get moved to the front of the line for half of the units. They go ahead of lower log#s.

Keep in mind, the log#s that are lower than yours might not all want the same unit size as you do at 50% AMI. You might only want a studio or one-bedroom while some other lower log#s want only a two or three-bedroom. You can subtract those log#s, but we don’t no how many that might be, between zero and 4xx. So there can be fewer than 4xx log#s ahead of you for your sized unit, and at the 50% AMI. You can subtract the log#s not within the 50% AMI. But, we don’t get to see the applications to learn how many that might be.

I hope you are a winner, but if you there can still be a VERY long wait. It’s new construction so we don’t know if it’s ready to be occupied. It might look done on the outside but that doesn’t mean the inside is finished.

Good luck.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...11_basemap.pdf
I don't have any preferences that I know of. I am a service-connected disabled veteran, new to NYC by way of California. Does it matter that I have not had a lease in NYC yet?

Thanks for the well wishes, winning would be amazing. Good luck to you also.

Old 08-22-2022, 05:25 AM

2,040 posts, read 1,656,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BranThaDon View Post
I don't have any preferences that I know of. I am a service-connected disabled veteran, new to NYC by way of California. Does it matter that I have not had a lease in NYC yet?

Thanks for the well wishes, winning would be amazing. Good luck to you also.
Typically, Mobility disability applicants get a 5% preference, and Vision/Hearing disability applicants get a 2% preference. Assuming you qualify, this increases your chances. (In Mitchell-Lama housing lotteries qualified veterans go to the head of the line in the new lottery, typically.)

For this lottery there is a good chance you will be contacting if you qualify with those preferences. It’s hard to know if any units that you qualify for in size and at 50% Ami will remain or not when your log# is reached. The waiting can be long and hard. Hang in there.

Old 08-22-2022, 06:17 AM

170 posts, read 168,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Typically, Mobility disability applicants get a 5% preference, and Vision/Hearing disability applicants get a 2% preference. Assuming you qualify, this increases your chances. (In Mitchell-Lama housing lotteries qualified veterans go to the head of the line in the new lottery, typically.)

For this lottery there is a good chance you will be contacting if you qualify with those preferences. It’s hard to know if any units that you qualify for in size and at 50% Ami will remain or not when your log# is reached. The waiting can be long and hard. Hang in there.

I think this process will be faster than other lotteries typically have been this year. Lottery ended first of this month and logs were issued maybe like two weeks later? There are also market rate tenants living there for some time now so maybe? But then again this is HC we are talking about and I just saw an article about how covid is pushing back processing by like 300+ days due to worker illness.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:46 AM

21 posts, read 17,668 times
Log# 9XX no preference

Old 08-23-2022, 07:00 PM

2,040 posts, read 1,656,023 times
Default Summary Civil Serv. Law Sec. 85 Definition of Vet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranThaDon View Post
I don't have any preferences. I am a service-connected disabled veteran, and new to NYC by way of California.
This short document about Vets is not dated. There might be updates not shown here.
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...of-veteran.pdf

NYC.gov or call 311 might be to assist you in determining how your particular veteran’s status can help you in NYC with housing. Also, with disability related preferences.

The document is from the NYC Mitchell-Lama Program Page. Mitchell-Lama is category of housing aimed to serve mid income people.
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...a-program.page

Mitchell-Lama Housing:
1. Mitchell-Lama is your friend.
2. Mitchell-Lama buildings are two types, Co-operatives (purchase required but at highly attractive prices), and Rentals.
3. Mitchell-Lama has income and asset qualifications.
4. Mitchell-Lama gives preferences to certain categories of Veterans
5. NYC government administers Mitchell-Lama building in NYC, but there are some Mitchell-Lama buildings in NYC administered by New York State instead.
6. New York State administers Mitchell-Lama buildings in many places beyond the NYC city limits.
7. NYC administered Mitchell-Lama buildings typically use lotteries.
8. New York State administered Mitchell-Lama buildings typically use waitlists. If the list is open you can join it.
9. Demand for Mitchell-Lama units is high, turnover is low, wait times long. However, beyond NYC this might be less so. And with a veteran’s preference the wait times might be reduced.

10. Thank you for your service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery