Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 11:03 AM

24 posts, read 25,099 times

Advertisements

65xxx my highest log number :')
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2022, 01:05 PM

30 posts, read 21,235 times
64xxx

Old 08-19-2022, 10:53 PM

3 posts, read 4,362 times
This is my first time doing the lottery since moving to the city. I got 4XX with a 50%AMI. Is it worth holding my breath?

Old 08-20-2022, 05:51 AM

333 posts, read 255,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BranThaDon View Post
This is my first time doing the lottery since moving to the city. I got 4XX with a 50%AMI. Is it worth holding my breath?
Wow that's an amazing log number. Do you have any preferences?

Old 08-20-2022, 07:22 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,628,911 times
Default Community Board 11 resident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranThaDon View Post
Do you live now in Community Board 11? East of 5th Ave, North of E 96th St. See white portion of map at link.

If you do live in CB11 now, your chances are greatly increased. Because CB11 residents get moved to the front of the line for half of the units. They go ahead of lower log#s.

Keep in mind, the log#s that are lower than yours might not all want the same unit size as you do at 50% AMI. You might only want a studio or one-bedroom while some other lower log#s want only a two or three-bedroom. You can subtract those log#s, but we don’t no how many that might be, between zero and 4xx. So there can be fewer than 4xx log#s ahead of you for your sized unit, and at the 50% AMI. You can subtract the log#s not within the 50% AMI. But, we don’t get to see the applications to learn how many that might be.

I hope you are a winner, but if you there can still be a VERY long wait. It’s new construction so we don’t know if it’s ready to be occupied. It might look done on the outside but that doesn’t mean the inside is finished.

Good luck.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...11_basemap.pdf

Old 08-20-2022, 10:50 AM

65 posts, read 56,748 times
30x

Old 08-20-2022, 05:36 PM

170 posts, read 168,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWright View Post
30x

Do you have any preferences? Have you been called?

Old 08-20-2022, 07:41 PM

25 posts, read 28,578 times
Log#6X no preferences. Low AMI makes it a little more complicated. Fingers crossed . What do you guys think my chances are

Old 08-20-2022, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Do you live now in Community Board 11? East of 5th Ave, North of E 96th St. See white portion of map at link.

If you do live in CB11 now, your chances are greatly increased. Because CB11 residents get moved to the front of the line for half of the units. They go ahead of lower log#s.

Keep in mind, the log#s that are lower than yours might not all want the same unit size as you do at 50% AMI. You might only want a studio or one-bedroom while some other lower log#s want only a two or three-bedroom. You can subtract those log#s, but we don’t no how many that might be, between zero and 4xx. So there can be fewer than 4xx log#s ahead of you for your sized unit, and at the 50% AMI. You can subtract the log#s not within the 50% AMI. But, we don’t get to see the applications to learn how many that might be.

I hope you are a winner, but if you there can still be a VERY long wait. It’s new construction so we don’t know if it’s ready to be occupied. It might look done on the outside but that doesn’t mean the inside is finished.

Good luck.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...11_basemap.pdf
The apartments that are at market rate are being rented out already. They have been since this spring.

Old 08-20-2022, 07:47 PM

My worry is that since CB 11 is a board filled with people with low AMIs all the apartments available will be gone when they reach my log. Hopefully thats not the case. Does anyone know what happens then. If your log number is reached and their are no more available apartments are you put on a waitlist for whenever re-rental opportunities open up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery