Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2023, 09:15 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,861,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by romysdogmom View Post
Also I forget, do the residents of this building get a discount at Chelsea Piers Fitness?
They do, no clue if MR rate is different from lottery but if I remember correctly the discount was 50% .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2023, 08:44 AM

59 posts, read 58,142 times
29k! Lol

Old 09-11-2023, 11:20 AM

46 posts, read 35,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
They do, no clue if MR rate is different from lottery but if I remember correctly the discount was 50% .
Not bad at all! With the discount, it’ll probably be equal to or less than my gym membership + ClassPass membership. That gym has everything I need. Praying I get called back.

Old 09-11-2023, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Not bad at all! With the discount, it’ll probably be equal to or less than my gym membership + ClassPass membership. That gym has everything I need. Praying I get called back.
I guess it depends on how much you pay for classpass . I cancelled the amenities package in my building for this (best decision I could have made for me) that said, membership without any discount is $209.

Also, the amenities package for Dean is completely seperate from Chelsea Piers Fitness. All Dean has in the way of gym is a "cardio room" a room with about 5-6 bikes.

Old 09-11-2023, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I guess it depends on how much you pay for classpass . I cancelled the amenities package in my building for this (best decision I could have made for me) that said, membership without any discount is $209.

Also, the amenities package for Dean is completely seperate from Chelsea Piers Fitness. All Dean has in the way of gym is a "cardio room" a room with about 5-6 bikes.
I was signed up for the newsletter for this CPF location and I remember the price being around $250. I pay $89 for ClassPass currently + $65 for my gym membership. My gym is pretty bare (but it’s a bodybuilder gym so there’s never a shortage of weights) so I use ClassPass for additional workout classes like spin and Pilates. Hopefully the lotteryresidents here get a hefty discount because I know CPF has Pilates reformers, bikes, basically every kind of class lol. I would definitely drop $150 a membership there because I wouldn’t need ClassPass anymore

Old 09-11-2023, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I was signed up for the newsletter for this CPF location and I remember the price being around $250. I pay $89 for ClassPass currently + $65 for my gym membership. My gym is pretty bare (but it’s a bodybuilder gym so there’s never a shortage of weights) so I use ClassPass for additional workout classes like spin and Pilates. Hopefully the lotteryresidents here get a hefty discount because I know CPF has Pilates reformers, bikes, basically every kind of class lol. I would definitely drop $150 a membership there because I wouldn’t need ClassPass anymore
Prospect Heights locale does not have reformers, I wish (I'm a member) and it does not have a Kettle Bell class (we're pushing for that) or a pool (all the things the downtown location has) . that said, I still like PH better. Also, once Lifetime comes to my building (hoping for that discount too) I'm out of CPF . Aside from all that, it still is a really great gym.

Old 09-11-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Prospect Heights locale does not have reformers, I wish (I'm a member) and it does not have a Kettle Bell class (we're pushing for that) or a pool (all the things the downtown location has) . that said, I still like PH better. Also, once Lifetime comes to my building (hoping for that discount too) I'm out of CPF . Aside from all that, it still is a really great gym.
Oh no! I mean it’s still a pretty new gym so hopefully there are changes soon. May I ask what you do like about the gym?

Old 09-11-2023, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Oh no! I mean it’s still a pretty new gym so hopefully there are changes soon. May I ask what you do like about the gym?
lol, I'm pretty sure there are no reformers anywhere in the near future. They simply don't have the space for it. I love the classes mostly and I'm motivated to go there (unlike my building gym). I've never had to wait for a machine (getting more crowded now though, so may change). I did splurge on a PT package so that helps.

I love the gym, the classes and teachers are all great, I do wish they had kettle bell classes though. They do have the sauna and steam(I have yet to use them) I met a new friend that treats it like Spa day (you know they provide everything like robes towels, etc) after her classes.

Early on I felt like I was in a fish bowl but that feeling passed as everyone is busy doing there own thing to care about what you're doing. The turf is great but it's defintely NOT big enough, especially when they have classes there. Their AMPD class is by far my favorite to date.

Old 09-11-2023, 01:44 PM

Quote:
lol, I'm pretty sure there are no reformers anywhere in the near future. They simply don't have the space for it. I love the classes mostly and I'm motivated to go there (unlike my building gym). I've never had to wait for a machine (getting more crowded now though, so may change). I did splurge on a PT package so that helps.

I love the gym, the classes and teachers are all great, I do wish they had kettle bell classes though. They do have the sauna and steam(I have yet to use them) I met a new friend that treats it like Spa day (you know they provide everything like robes towels, etc) after her classes.

Early on I felt like I was in a fish bowl but that feeling passed as everyone is busy doing there own thing to care about what you're doing. The turf is great but it's defintely NOT big enough, especially when they have classes there. Their AMPD class is by far my favorite to date.
Good to know, thank you! I could never give up reformer Pilates so I guess ClassPass is here to stay lol. But that’s nice though, since it’s a smaller location it seems like there’s a good vibe going. Plus I’ve never gone to a gym with a steam room or coworking space, so it’s still an upgrade in my eyes.

I looked at some of the google reviews and some people were complaining about not being able to sign up for classes since they fill up so fast. I don’t know why, but it seems to be a common issue with gyms in the area. The Signature Crunch on 7th Ave had the same problem after NYE. But fingers crossed, I hope the chill environment is here to stay in case I find myself in this building

Old 09-11-2023, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Good to know, thank you! I could never give up reformer Pilates so I guess ClassPass is here to stay lol. But that’s nice though, since it’s a smaller location it seems like there’s a good vibe going. Plus I’ve never gone to a gym with a steam room or coworking space, so it’s still an upgrade in my eyes.

I looked at some of the google reviews and some people were complaining about not being able to sign up for classes since they fill up so fast. I don’t know why, but it seems to be a common issue with gyms in the area. The Signature Crunch on 7th Ave had the same problem after NYE. But fingers crossed, I hope the chill environment is here to stay in case I find myself in this building
Yep, I actually put a reminder in my phone to book the classes I want. Also, a lot prefer the downtown location but I have nothing to compare it to so I'm good. Once I found out LT was coming to my building, I knew CPF was going to be a 1 year committment. I am jealous abour the reformer though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery