Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2023, 07:33 AM

290 posts, read 320,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnCity9320 View Post
Log 1xx

Got requested for docs yesterday and submitted this morning. I’m hoping for the 1 bedroom but my income is going to be just shy of the cutoff. Don’t mind settling for the studio.
Hey! Any updates? I just submitted my docs yesterday. I'm curious to see how quick the turnaround will be. I'm going to view a stage 2 bedroom this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2023, 08:18 AM

828 posts, read 767,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
Hey! Any updates? I just submitted my docs yesterday. I'm curious to see how quick the turnaround will be. I'm going to view a stage 2 bedroom this weekend.
I believe the turnaround will happen after you decide that you want to move forward with the unit that they show you. They'll dig in to your docs and let you know what additional info they need. This could take weeks. Be patient with the process - it can get frustrating.

Hopefully you'll be pleased with what they show you.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Edit to add an additional note: If you are unhappy with the unit they show you, ask to see more. You seem to be one of the first 2 bedroom applicants. They have plenty of units avilable at this point and you should be able to have options.

Old 09-15-2023, 09:41 AM

12 posts, read 10,712 times
Quote:
They requested a second round of docs yesterday and I submitted them this morning.

Old 09-15-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
I believe the turnaround will happen after you decide that you want to move forward with the unit that they show you. They'll dig in to your docs and let you know what additional info they need. This could take weeks. Be patient with the process - it can get frustrating.

Hopefully you'll be pleased with what they show you.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Edit to add an additional note: If you are unhappy with the unit they show you, ask to see more. You seem to be one of the first 2 bedroom applicants. They have plenty of units avilable at this point and you should be able to have options.

We'll my application is currently under review. Yes--I'm familiar with the process as I am currently living in another lottery. That process took 5 months and was certainly frustrating! However, I do not believe this lottery will take nearly as long.

Thank you for your suggestions... that is a great idea! I will certainly advocate for the layout of my choosing if I can! I will keep you guys posted!

Old 09-15-2023, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnCity9320 View Post
They requested a second round of docs yesterday and I submitted them this morning.
Thanks for the update!

Old 09-15-2023, 11:16 AM

828 posts, read 767,621 times
Quote:
We'll my application is currently under review. Yes--I'm familiar with the process as I am currently living in another lottery. That process took 5 months and was certainly frustrating! However, I do not believe this lottery will take nearly as long.

Thank you for your suggestions... that is a great idea! I will certainly advocate for the layout of my choosing if I can! I will keep you guys posted!
Ah, ok. I understand. I agree that this one should move more quickly.

Best of luck!

Old 09-15-2023, 03:38 PM

70 posts, read 43,072 times
Log # is 5,5XX. Bummed as I really liked this one.

I'm comparing this to Brooklyn Crossing as it's in the same area & has a similar number of available units. The Brooklyn Crossing spreadsheet suggests that they didn't go much above the 2000s for log numbers. Is it reasonable to expect a similar outcome with 595 Dean?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...LAQ/edit#gid=0

Old 09-15-2023, 03:39 PM

I visited the building today. Very nice/massive building. Literally gorgeous and looks even better than the pictures. Great location as well.

Old 09-15-2023, 04:03 PM

531 posts, read 412,173 times
Quote:
I visited the building today. Very nice/massive building. Literally gorgeous and looks even better than the pictures. Great location as well.
do you have any pics or video to share ?

Old 09-15-2023, 06:01 PM

293 posts, read 222,805 times
Animal Respecter this is very helpful! Did Brooklyn Crossing have CB preference? I’m log 31xx for this lottery and trying to see if I have a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery