Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2023, 01:56 PM

290 posts, read 319,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnCity9320 View Post
I now noticed they uploaded my docs for HPD approval on the housing connect website!
Any updates? Also did you have an interview call/in-person call to discuss the docs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2023, 06:42 AM

12 posts, read 10,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
Any updates? Also did you have an interview call/in-person call to discuss the docs?
I’ve been approved! No call or in person interview.

Old 10-04-2023, 07:09 AM

18 posts, read 16,339 times
Quote:
I’ve been approved! No call or in person interview.
Congrats! Waiting with bated breath, but could be a while yet...if at all

Old 10-04-2023, 07:26 AM

Fingers crossed you'll all be joining the building.

I didn't get to pick out my unit, they just assigned me one. If hypothetically during the pre move in inspection of the apartment I don't like the view, can I ask to switch units? Or am I stuck with whatever they assigned me?

Old 10-04-2023, 07:54 AM

10 posts, read 8,000 times
Quote:

I didn't get to pick out my unit, they just assigned me one. If hypothetically during the pre move in inspection of the apartment I don't like the view, can I ask to switch units? Or am I stuck with whatever they assigned me?
Did you get the 1 bdrm or the studio?

Old 10-04-2023, 08:24 AM

Quote:

Congratulations! Did you get to pick your move in date or did they provide options? Also do you have to provide first month rent and security deposit upon signing the lease?

I think you may have to just stick with what they assign you but closed mouths don't get feed. Doesn't hurt to inquire...you never know!

Old 10-04-2023, 08:42 AM

828 posts, read 766,714 times
Quote:

I find it interesting that they are assigning units without any viewing. There are many many units to choose from. Strange.

Old 10-04-2023, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
Congratulations! Did you get to pick your move in date or did they provide options? Also do you have to provide first month rent and security deposit upon signing the lease?

I think you may have to just stick with what they assign you but closed mouths don't get feed. Doesn't hurt to inquire...you never know!
I got to pick my move in date. First month and deposit upon lease signing

Old 10-04-2023, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I got to pick my move in date. First month and deposit upon lease signing
Thanks for the update. I hope you get to view your assignment unit prior to signing the lease! I'm now on my third round of document submission. Crawling to the finish line.

Old 10-04-2023, 10:34 PM

9 posts, read 7,404 times
Hello, I'm new to this and have a question. I'm one person looking at a studio. My documents were requested 1.5 weeks ago, and my log number is 1,3xx. My AMI% is not 130% even though my salary falls within the income range listed on the lottery website. How does that work? Can someone help me understand how to read this table? Is 130% AMI the max they'd accept? Thank you in advance from this newb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery