Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2023, 08:07 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrojub View Post
I learned that my log number of 10xx was skipped... Contacted the apartment agency, but they deferred to HPD. Really disheartening, was hoping I'd get called for this one.
Do you qualify for all 240 or so units in the lottery? You would need to be two person household with $115,200 - $146,900 income to qualify for every unit in the lottery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2023, 08:30 AM

290 posts, read 319,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Again, congratulations!

Question for you...did you ever see your ACTUAL unit before signing or was it always the model?
Thanks! Yes, yesterday I dropped the monies off and viewed my assigned unit prior to signing my lease.

Old 10-27-2023, 08:50 AM

828 posts, read 766,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
Thanks! Yes, yesterday I dropped the monies off and viewed my assigned unit prior to signing my lease.
Awesome!

Old 10-29-2023, 12:32 PM

37 posts, read 31,916 times
Quote:
So exciting!!

Have you moved in yet? How happy are you with the unit/building? I'm curious if you've seen the reviews for the building and whether you can attest to their validity- apparently people in the West tower complain about hearing dogs in the early/late hours due to the proximity to the dog park and then a different reviewer complained about the air quality from within the building causing health issues?

Also, when I was speaking to TF Cornerstone they said something about being able to move in a month early for no extra charge, did you have any option like this?

Old 10-29-2023, 06:49 PM

290 posts, read 319,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklei View Post
So exciting!!

Have you moved in yet? How happy are you with the unit/building? I'm curious if you've seen the reviews for the building and whether you can attest to their validity- apparently people in the West tower complain about hearing dogs in the early/late hours due to the proximity to the dog park and then a different reviewer complained about the air quality from within the building causing health issues?

Also, when I was speaking to TF Cornerstone they said something about being able to move in a month early for no extra charge, did you have any option like this?

Thanks! No, I haven't moved in yet. Yes, I saw some of the reviews but nothing that would prevent me from taking the unit. I'm use to loud noise lol...So i don't think that'' bother me too much.

Yes! First month is free so I will be able to move in a month prior to start of lease.

Did you submit docs as well?

Old 10-29-2023, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks! No, I haven't moved in yet. Yes, I saw some of the reviews but nothing that would prevent me from taking the unit. I'm use to loud noise lol...So i don't think that'' bother me too much.

Yes! First month is free so I will be able to move in a month prior to start of lease.

Did you submit docs as well?
I am about to, I just need one or two more things from my employer which should be coming soon please let us all know what its like once you move in! I'm checking this forum everyday because I'm so excited lol

Old 10-30-2023, 05:29 AM

828 posts, read 766,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklei View Post
I am about to, I just need one or two more things from my employer which should be coming soon please let us all know what its like once you move in! I'm checking this forum everyday because I'm so excited lol
Be careful not to miss their deadline. In my opinion, it's better to submit what you have than to miss their deadline. You can email the missing docs as you get them.

Old 10-30-2023, 07:48 AM

74 posts, read 49,590 times
Are the lottery apartments in the high towers or the lowrise building? Does anyone have a video of a lottery 1br unit? Has anyone with a Log# 3XXX been reached? Thank you

Old 10-30-2023, 08:29 AM

293 posts, read 222,544 times
I’m 31xx and haven’t been contacted yet. I was wondering the same thing about specific locations - and are they all in one tower.

Old 10-30-2023, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Be careful not to miss their deadline. In my opinion, it's better to submit what you have than to miss their deadline. You can email the missing docs as you get them.
Thanks for the tip! I just submitted.

Last edited by mklei; 10-30-2023 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: after reading your comment I decided to submit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery