Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2023, 04:23 PM

5 posts, read 4,004 times

Advertisements

[quote=ceebvndy;66070635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeloop View Post
Hi! Congratulations on the approval! It's been great following your progress here. Excited for you! We are in the pipeline too, would it be possible to share your timeline so we can gauge the duration of the process? Especially once you submitted your multiple rounds of documents. Thank you so much![/QUOTE

Thank you! Sure, please see the below timeline:

Submitted initial docs - September 18th
Requested for 2nd Round - September 27
Requested 3rd round of docs the same day - September 27
Requested for additional docs - October 4
Submitted additional docs - October 10
Requested for few more docs the same day - October 10
Submitted additional docs - October 16
Requested for additional docs - October 17
Submitted Same day; requested more on the same day.
Requested more docs/submitted same day - October 18
Submitted additional docs - October 20 & October 23
Approved - October 24
Signed lease, viewed our unit, and provided money orders - October 26

All in all, it took a little over a month. Hope this helps! Best of luck to you and yours!
Thank you so much for all of this information! Extremely helpful!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2023, 08:59 AM

828 posts, read 766,714 times
Hoping for some help here...

Does anyone know which "lines" are being offered to lottery winners? Specifically 1 bedrooms. Is there an on-line resource to take a look? I checked StreetEasy and every 1 bedroom listed is different than the other.

Old 11-21-2023, 10:06 AM

6 posts, read 5,983 times
Hi all! Very new to this. I was contacted to submit docs. I am log 3xxx

1. Is the housing connect portal 100% secure/accurate? Feels weird to be submitting my entire life to a portal.

2. Are screenshots of bank statements with numbers blurred out accepted?

3. Does anyone live near this area? Is it safe/nice?

Old 11-21-2023, 11:03 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgal View Post

1. Is the housing connect portal 100% secure/accurate? Feels weird to be submitting my entire life to a portal.

1. Nothing is 100% secure. It is however, the legitimate government website where you can submit your documents. If you are really worried about it, you can arrange to drop off paper copies of your documents to the marketing agency office. They have to give you this option if you request it.

2. Likely not. The reason for them reviewing your statements are to look for unreported income. If you blur out the numbers, the statements are pretty worthless. They will review all of the bank transactions and likely request you provide explanations for any they are unclear about what they are (a money transfer or paypal deposit, for example).

3. I live down 2 blocks down at BC and I love the area. Great access to transit, quick trips to lower manhattan or midtown, several interesting neighborhoods in every direction, tons of great food, access to several parks, very safe etc etc.

Old 11-21-2023, 12:13 PM

74 posts, read 49,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgal View Post

If you don’t mind me asking when did you get contacted and is your log low 3xxx? You were contacted for what size apartment. I’m hoping to get contacted soon. My log is 37XX.

Last edited by MZBRKLYN21; 11-21-2023 at 12:26 PM..

Old 11-21-2023, 01:56 PM

293 posts, read 222,544 times
I am 31xx and haven’t been contacted. Going for a two bedroom, but eligible for
One bed and studio.

Old 11-21-2023, 02:04 PM

74 posts, read 49,590 times
Yeah I’m hoping for a 2 br. My fingers are crossed.

Old 11-24-2023, 03:56 PM

828 posts, read 766,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
My kid submitted docs yesterday. Log 1,3xx. I suppose he'll be waiting for weeks.
After 2 months my kid got a request for additional docs. Of course, since it's been 2 months, he had to submit all new (fresh) statements. Pretty annoying, but he's happy it's moving forward. Hopefully things will get quicker from this point.

He currently lives in a 1BR Brooklyn Crossing lottery unit, but it's tiny - literally tiny. He's hoping for a larger unit with 595 Dean. We'll see.

Old 11-24-2023, 06:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,843 times
Quote:
After 2 months my kid got a request for additional docs. Of course, since it's been 2 months, he had to submit all new (fresh) statements. Pretty annoying, but he's happy it's moving forward. Hopefully things will get quicker from this point.

He currently lives in a 1BR Brooklyn Crossing lottery unit, but it's tiny - literally tiny. He's hoping for a larger unit with 595 Dean. We'll see.
Would you mind sharing what line he has in BK crossing (last 2 digits of apt #)? Was hoping for a 1BR there but hoping its not smaller than my current place. Thanks!

Old 11-24-2023, 06:49 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:

That’s unfortunate and surprising to hear. Most of the one bedrooms I’ve seen here in BC for both lottery and MR rate apartments have all been really good sizes. I mean mine fits a queen bed chest, dresser and nightstand with plenty of space to walk comfortably. I do know some studios outside of the alcoves can be on the smaller side.

In any case, I wish him luck with 595 Dean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery