Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2023, 07:25 AM

828 posts, read 766,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
That’s unfortunate and surprising to hear. Most of the one bedrooms I’ve seen here in BC for both lottery and MR rate apartments have all been really good sizes. I mean mine fits a queen bed chest, dresser and nightstand with plenty of space to walk comfortably. I do know some studios outside of the alcoves can be on the smaller side.

In any case, I wish him luck with 595 Dean.
Thank you.

This was in no way a criticism of BC. The building, the amenities, and the staff are all incredible. My kid loves the place and feels very fortunate to have won the lottery unit. He got one of the last 1 bedrooms in the lottery. But he's in an upper floor "6 line" unit. For him, it is very small. The main reason is that the kitchen and living area are the same small shared space. His bedroom just barely fits his queen bed. He just finds it a bit cramped.

When we toured for the first time, the marketing agent actually said he was surprised that they were calling it a "1 bedroom" and not a studio. Technically it is a 1 bedroom, but has the feel of a studio.

He was lucky to get a good log number at 595 Dean. So he's moving forward in the hope that he gets a larger unit. But he may end up staying right where he is at BC. These are "good" problems and he feels very lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2023, 09:24 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Thank you.

This was in no way a criticism of BC. The building, the amenities, and the staff are all incredible. My kid loves the place and feels very fortunate to have won the lottery unit. He got one of the last 1 bedrooms in the lottery. But he's in an upper floor "6 line" unit. For him, it is very small. The main reason is that the kitchen and living area are the same small shared space. His bedroom just barely fits his queen bed. He just finds it a bit cramped.

When we toured for the first time, the marketing agent actually said he was surprised that they were calling it a "1 bedroom" and not a studio. Technically it is a 1 bedroom, but has the feel of a studio.

He was lucky to get a good log number at 595 Dean. So he's moving forward in the hope that he gets a larger unit. But he may end up staying right where he is at BC. These are "good" problems and he feels very lucky.
Yeah I totally understand, I moved from a studio (some would call a one bedroom because it was an alcove) but it was still small to me and I can totally understand wanting more space. Either way, I hope it works for him .

Old 11-26-2023, 12:47 PM

6 posts, read 5,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBRKLYN21 View Post
If you don’t mind me asking when did you get contacted and is your log low 3xxx? You were contacted for what size apartment. I’m hoping to get contacted soon. My log is 37XX.
I am low 3000's, under 3100

Old 11-26-2023, 05:17 PM

74 posts, read 49,590 times
Noted thanks for the reply!

Old 11-28-2023, 05:55 AM

My kid has submitted a second round of docs and now wants to tour the building and model units. Based on everyone's experience, should he be honest and say he's a lottery unit applicant or should he say he is a market rate prospect? Will he get the same level of service either way?

Old 11-28-2023, 06:16 AM

Quote:
My kid has submitted a second round of docs and now wants to tour the building and model units. Based on everyone's experience, should he be honest and say he's a lottery unit applicant or should he say he is a market rate prospect? Will he get the same level of service either way?
I wouldn't tell them anything, that isn't their business. I would recommend touring as a market rate tenant (that's what I did) that said, he should be prepared for all the listing emails he will no doubt get after.

I remember touring Plank Road as MR tenant, did the same for Brooklyn Crossing but got caught later on when I went to take measurements of my current apt (it was the same agent) ofcourse we made a joke about it.

Old 11-28-2023, 06:29 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't tell them anything, that isn't their business. I would recommend touring as a market rate tenant (that's what I did) that said, he should be prepared for all the listing emails he will no doubt get after.

I remember touring Plank Road as MR tenant, did the same for Brooklyn Crossing but got caught later on when I went to take measurements of my current apt (it was the same agent) ofcourse we made a joke about it.
I agree. He's also nervous that if he tells the sales office that he's a lottery applicant, they'll just tell him to call the lottery marketing agent for a tour. He just wants a look. Very innocent.

Old 11-28-2023, 06:33 AM

Quote:
I agree. He's also nervous that if he tells the sales office that he's a lottery applicant, they'll just tell him to call the lottery marketing agent for a tour. He just wants a look. Very innocent.
He'll be fine but it's not their business.

Old 11-28-2023, 06:35 AM

Quote:
He'll be fine but it's not their business.
Thanks!

Old 11-28-2023, 06:41 AM

Call me crazy, but are lottery applicants offered the same marketing incentives as market rate applicants?

The 595 Dean website lists these incentives...

2 Months Free* | 1 Month OP*
*Listed incentives are available for leases signed by 12/31/23.
*Please contact our leasing office for details and availability.
*For all offers, exclusions, and restrictions may apply.

Crazy thought, but is this for everyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery