Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 12:06 AM

21 posts, read 24,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrsky View Post
I went to see the 3 bedroom … there’s no walk in closet like the other building, there’s 2 bathroom, but the rooms aren’t very big they should’ve kept one bedroom and made more space for the bedroom it is a nice beautiful apartment but I don’t think it’s fair to pay the same price as the other buildings and don’t get a walk in closet or the same amount of space I’m very disappointed with that aspect but hey better than nothing right ? It’s also reminds me of housing projects cause of the surrounding nycha buildings, I don’t know this is a tuff decision. Anyone currently living there ? How is this neighborhood? 10 minutes away by lirr totally different community and vibe
The buildings used to be nycha but from what I understand they switched over to privately owned...not sure if they're co-ops or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2023, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 1,576 times
Hello, they requested for me to send over documents through pronto but not housing connect. I reached out since not hearing anything since the beginning of September and they send me an email saying:

“The messages you received requesting that you sign and provide documents were unfortunately erroneously sent during a test of an automated e-mail system. Your application is in our system but as we haven't reached your log or batch number yet your household was not scheduled to be reached out to for further processing for Apex Place Apartments. We deeply apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this error has caused you.“

Did this happen to anyone else? Feeling a little played by them right now lol

Old 10-11-2023, 11:31 AM

2 posts, read 2,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysec View Post
Hello, they requested for me to send over documents through pronto but not housing connect. I reached out since not hearing anything since the beginning of September and they send me an email saying:

“The messages you received requesting that you sign and provide documents were unfortunately erroneously sent during a test of an automated e-mail system. Your application is in our system but as we haven't reached your log or batch number yet your household was not scheduled to be reached out to for further processing for Apex Place Apartments. We deeply apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this error has caused you.“

This happened to me... I had to call several different numbers to inquire about this-- many of them redirecting to people I've previously spoken to and couldn't help me.

Once I finally got in contact with HPC, I was told that all of this was a system error and I was not being considered for the apartment.

It's so unfortunate... I refuse to believe they accidentally required these signatures from me and still wanted me to submit my documents.

Old 10-16-2023, 07:19 PM

2 posts, read 2,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysec View Post

Wow, maybe that’s what’s happening with my mother- same thing- she got an email from Pronto but not on housing connect. I even called them and verified what it was and he said it’s just an initial request for information. Do you have an email address for them? Spent a lot of time helping her with it and it’s gotten her hopes up

Old 10-17-2023, 06:02 AM

91 posts, read 76,299 times
same thing with me but they did actually request my information again through Housing Connect like they said in the email so now it's pending "under review"

Old 10-18-2023, 06:22 PM

Just Got updated I was told I qualify based on my income and they asked me about which studio or one-bedroom I would prefer. Apparently, there are no more Studio's @ 70% AMI. I chose the one bedroom so I'll continue to update this forum during the process with Apex Place.

Old 10-18-2023, 09:32 PM

248 posts, read 219,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiBoogieDownBx View Post
Just Got updated I was told I qualify based on my income and they asked me about which studio or one-bedroom I would prefer. Apparently, there are no more Studio's @ 70% AMI. I chose the one bedroom so I'll continue to update this forum during the process with Apex Place.
Thank you for the update. Do you have CB preference or are they on general population

Old 10-19-2023, 10:03 AM

seems like general Pop Im not a CB

Old 10-19-2023, 12:26 PM

21 posts, read 24,017 times
I declined a CB 70%ami 1 bedroom a couple of weeks ago after starting the process so there's definitely at least 1. When I asked if there were any other units to see in my ami I was told no so I don't know if my assigned one was THE last one for CB or they just said that.

Old 10-19-2023, 01:36 PM

Currently on hold while Ms. Ruiz is double-checking the apartment. If anyone needs this number let me know!! I'll update you on what apartments are available currently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: