Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 06:29 PM

15 posts, read 3,433 times

Advertisements

Hello All, want to update on my situation.
I applied to apartment January 21, 2023. Log number is 538x
02/23/24 - Asked to submit eligibility documents first from Housing Connect
02/26/24 - Asked to submit documents onto Pronto housing. Told I qualify for 140% AMI 2 bedroom
02/24/24 to 03/09/24 - Submitted all documents to both platforms
04/10/24 - After giving up and considering purchasing a condo, I finally got a response to submit more documents. I believed my application would be pushed back due to living in Long Island while my partner lives in NYC (later backfires). My calculated income was actually lower than expected and I could even qualify for 110% AMI but unfortunately there’s seems to be none available.
04/10/24 - I immediately email back saying I am still interested in the 2 bed and want to move forward the same day
04/12/24 - Marketing agent requests some missing/incomplete documents
04/13/24 - I gather the documents and send them in, it was a Saturday so no action over the weekend
04/15/24 - I receive the request for more documents which I send the same day
04/16/24 - I receive request for another set of documents and my bf is pissed with me lol but I send in same day
04/17/24 - I receive the unfortunate news my BF and I cannot be considered a household due to not living together. I don’t understand how we can become a household if they don’t allow us to live together upon receiving apartment but essentially he gets removed since I want to continue with apartment. As a single person I can only get a 1 bedroom. I’m truly disappointed because I planned to stay here for the next 5 years or so which I don’t really think I can do in a 1 bedroom. I plan to get married and have kids in the next 2-3 years. I do see there’s an option to say you plan on adding another adult to household so I say yes to that. I just hope there’s a way to upgrade later on honestly not sure but I will keep applying to other apartments. Most of my logs are below 5500.
04/18 - I submit the final documents and sign the disclosure forms. Marketing agent told me the process goes to supervisor then to Apex who sends that over to HPD/HDC and then of course I can view my apartment.

I’m trying to be grateful for my blessings I needed to move out fairly urgently since I’m going to be in renovations and it looks like me living in Long Island did not deter anything. My partner can still move in just won’t be on lease. Hopefully in year’s time he can be added after paying towards utilities and what not. Also though I qualify for 110 AMI I was told there were none left for 1 bedrooms when I spoke to agent 4/17. Not sure if this is also the case for 2 beds but I know many were asking. I was also told a couple log numbers are ahead of mine so there may be some delay. I know electricity isn’t included but can someone let me know if there’s an extra fee for the studio/gym/media/party room. Also how much extra is parking and does anyone think it is worth it ?

Truly praying my application is wrapped end of this month and I can move in some time in May. Things have been moving fast since April so I’m grateful for my marketing agent T*****. I’m also praying my 1 bedroom has lots of closet space as JMS977 said his does. I don’t want to outgrow the place but I already threw most of my crap out in this renovation process so I think I have minimal items.

Hoping those who have been living here like ceebvndy, JMS977, wolfofwallstreet can chime in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 02:42 AM

33 posts, read 14,340 times
Just moved in kinda on the regret side

Old 04-22-2024, 04:19 AM

168 posts, read 177,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxymunxh View Post
Why regret??

Old 04-22-2024, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Yes what’s the problem ?

Old 04-23-2024, 04:26 AM

8 posts, read 2,985 times
Quote:
Why the regret, I have been wondering what it's like to live there, I have been approved and I am supposed to sign the lease this week.

Old 04-23-2024, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfree View Post
Why the regret, I have been wondering what it's like to live there, I have been approved and I am supposed to sign the lease this week.
Can you share your timeline and log?

Old 04-23-2024, 11:42 AM

Called for an update and it seems my application has been submitted to HDC and reviewed but I will be on hold because there’s about 15 ppl ahead of my log and only 1 1 bedroom left. Had to drop to 1 bedroom bc my partner and I don’t live together and can only get a 1 bedroom as a single person.

Old 04-23-2024, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Parking is outta this world there’s none you drive around for hours the parking lot is almost 350 a mth if your in a three bedroom apartment WiFi is gonna be a lil problem there not many stores waking distance umm I’m not use to the projects it gives a project feels to it I don’t like that so far I realize they don’t clean the buildings often the front got cigg bud all over it’s been the same dirt in hall way for days just got a super so hopefully my toilet get fixed which broke the first day I think it was already broke ugh

Old 04-23-2024, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Parking is outta this world there’s none you drive around for hours the parking lot is almost 350 a mth if your in a three bedroom apartment WiFi is gonna be a lil problem there not many stores waking distance umm I’m not use to the projects it gives a project feels to it I don’t like that so far I realize they don’t clean the buildings often the front got cigg bud all over it’s been the same dirt in hall way for days just got a super so hopefully my toilet get fixed which broke the first day I think it was already broke ugh
Well that parking situation does sound terrible, as well as the cigarette and toilet situation. Still sounds far from project housing. Are you coming from a house or another apartment. What part is like projects?

Old 04-24-2024, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikyana View Post
Well that parking situation does sound terrible, as well as the cigarette and toilet situation. Still sounds far from project housing. Are you coming from a house or another apartment. What part is like projects?
It looks like it the older building that surround the new ones looks like projects
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: