Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 07:07 AM

33 posts, read 17,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikyana View Post
Well that parking situation does sound terrible, as well as the cigarette and toilet situation. Still sounds far from project housing. Are you coming from a house or another apartment. What part is like projects?
House & apartments with no more then 4 fl 3 apartments to a floor
The people coming in and out don’t make it feel that way thought mostly old or really young it’s just the appearance I’m talking about now depending on which entrance you come in from it won’t feel like that but that also depends on what building you get
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 05:22 PM

6 posts, read 5,622 times
I also have my regrets - 90% of the tenants do NOT follow the building rules. Relatives of the tenants come and use the laundry room, unleashes dogs roam the building and on the grounds, smoking, seen more of the 112th squad car that I count. Management does not do a thing to enforced rules. To make matter worst I am at 130 so rent is not cheap. I was better off in my old building.

Old 04-24-2024, 06:41 PM

15 posts, read 5,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxious810 View Post
I also have my regrets - 90% of the tenants do NOT follow the building rules. Relatives of the tenants come and use the laundry room, unleashes dogs roam the building and on the grounds, smoking, seen more of the 112th squad car that I count. Management does not do a thing to enforced rules. To make matter worst I am at 130 so rent is not cheap. I was better off in my old building.
Oh wow thanks for that reality. The laundry room being used by relatives is insane. Should be a limit to the number of loads per week.

Old 04-25-2024, 03:17 PM

171 posts, read 198,628 times
In regards to the regrets comment i can agree. My regret started to sink in once the building started to get full. When i first moved in (almost a year now) it was really clean and quite. It's still somewhat clean but ppl who never had anything don't care to take care of anything! I complained about the laundry room because i seen a lady pushing her kids in the carts in the hallway!! I'm LIKE WTF SMH THE PARKING IS HORRIBLE and the garage cost way to much. Its even more if you have a luxury vehicle smh. The buildings across from me def give project vibes based off looks but you only see really old ppl and it seems to be quite. The tenants def don't follow the rules and when they are moving in, they are not considerate of the walls or the elevators smh. Management will send out random emails but idk how effective the emails are. If you are paying more than $2,000 it def is not worth it!!

Old 04-25-2024, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
In regards to the regrets comment i can agree. My regret started to sink in once the building started to get full. When i first moved in (almost a year now) it was really clean and quite. It's still somewhat clean but ppl who never had anything don't care to take care of anything! I complained about the laundry room because i seen a lady pushing her kids in the carts in the hallway!! I'm LIKE WTF SMH THE PARKING IS HORRIBLE and the garage cost way to much. Its even more if you have a luxury vehicle smh. The buildings across from me def give project vibes based off looks but you only see really old ppl and it seems to be quite. The tenants def don't follow the rules and when they are moving in, they are not considerate of the walls or the elevators smh. Management will send out random emails but idk how effective the emails are. If you are paying more than $2,000 it def is not worth it!!
Alright thanks for the honesty. Do you plan to renew your lease? Did you take the 1 yr or 2 yr lease. Parking situation sounds bad yes.

Old 04-25-2024, 04:13 PM

9 posts, read 3,962 times
Quote:
Oh wow thanks for that reality. The laundry room being used by relatives is insane. Should be a limit to the number of loads per week.
Wow! thank you for sharing, Are the people confrontational or aggressive?

Old 04-25-2024, 04:28 PM

9 posts, read 3,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
Thank you so much for sharing, I appreciate your insight. If you were paying $1,474 would you say it's worth it?

Old 04-25-2024, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Alright thanks for the honesty. Do you plan to renew your lease? Did you take the 1 yr or 2 yr lease. Parking situation sounds bad yes.
You're welcome!! I signed a 2yr lease. I don't hate it and for the most part its quite, my neighbors above me and on my floor are quite as well. They did a pretty good job with the soundproofing because i never hear anyone above or below me. It's just the upkeep when you are paying higher rent you expect a certain kind of living.

The parking is def bad but you have days where you luck up.

Old 04-25-2024, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfree View Post
Thank you so much for sharing, I appreciate your insight. If you were paying $1,474 would you say it's worth it?
You're Welcome!! For $1,474 i would say yes. The apartments are nice, i have a nice size bedroom and 4 closets so for me that was a win.

Honestly trying to find rent at that price is very hard and considering its a new building in a decent part of queens makes it worth it.

Good Luck to you.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:34 AM

Any updates on moving in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: