Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2024, 12:31 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
I tried to call the number they have on HC so money times no one ever picked up. Also, I feel it's unfair they rejected us for some documents they never asked for.
Forget about what you think is fair. This is not about your feelings getting hurt. It appears as if a mistake has been made. Be proactive about making an appeal. I suggest you don’t spend too much time trying to get people on the phone or waiting for email replies UNLESS you are ASLO working on your end drafting your appeal.

The people you get on the phone or the email replies might have the knowledge and authorization to fix this, or they might say they can’t help you and it’s necessary to consult someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2024, 03:25 PM

13 posts, read 4,921 times
Quote:
I tried to call the number they have on HC so money times no one ever picked up. Also, I feel it's unfair they rejected us for some documents they never asked for.
Don’t you guys get it yet. This thing is rigged. The apartments will go to people that they want them to go to. Don’t have time to answer the phone for some GP fool that thinks they won something. Rejected because that apartment has to go to someone that they have picked and manipulated the paperwork for so they are eligible.

Old 03-07-2024, 04:29 PM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
I am working on my appeal. My problem is I am self employed but they I said failed to submit 4 recent paystubs, clarification on multiple jobs if employed by submitting income or proof of end of employment and self employment documents such as An estimated projection of your NET self-employment income (gross income minus expenses) for the next 12 months.

I don't receive paystubs and I sent them my CPA tax preparer statement now they are asking for CPA letter or tax preparer statement on letterhead, or notarized self-statement again.

I am okay if the rejection was because of our income doesn't meet their requirements but they rejected us saying we didn't submit a list of documents which is not true and they added another list that was never there. I wish there's a way to talk to in their team.

Old 03-07-2024, 05:31 PM

17 posts, read 13,182 times
Quote:
I am working on my appeal. My problem is I am self employed but they I said failed to submit 4 recent paystubs, clarification on multiple jobs if employed by submitting income or proof of end of employment and self employment documents such as An estimated projection of your NET self-employment income (gross income minus expenses) for the next 12 months.

I don't receive paystubs and I sent them my CPA tax preparer statement now they are asking for CPA letter or tax preparer statement on letterhead, or notarized self-statement again.

I am okay if the rejection was because of our income doesn't meet their requirements but they rejected us saying we didn't submit a list of documents which is not true and they added another list that was never there. I wish there's a way to talk to in their team.
Same exact thing happened to me. It's because self-employment is much harder to prove and more confusing for them. They don't ask for the right docs in the first round because they don't know yet that you're self-employed. Appeal as soon as you can and provide all the requested docs (even if they seem redundant) and more if you have them. Don't waste time trying to talk to anyone, you can never get anyone on the phone, just submit asap! I was approved a few days after I appealed.

It seems their default is to reject if the case is confusing and then get the person to appeal. They also rejected me and sent a list of documents that I "didn't provide" because they never asked for them! Don't take it personally, just keep collecting documents, submit the appeal, and good luck!

Old 03-07-2024, 09:30 PM

56 posts, read 39,546 times
I had a log number in the 400s. We definitely qualified for a 70% 2bedroom according to the snapshot(I forgot to update the income because we would also qualify for the 3bedroom 70% AMI). I got a green message that says ineligible because my income/ household don't match a AMI. I emailed and they said they had no more available within my AMI. I asked them shouldn't it say NO MORE UNITS AVAILABLE she stated it's the same. I stated to her that we also have mobile and hearing disability and she said it was filled with a higher number.

Old 03-07-2024, 11:43 PM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
You should certainly APPEAL. Even if you get people at HPD or whatever to agree with your opinion on household income over the phone or via email it still might be necessary for you to APPEAL.

Consult the Marketing Handbook, and Income a Guide, to better understand how to Appeal and to cite in your appeal documents. ‘Page x says Income is calculated this way for 1099 dollar amounts.’

Income a Guide” only ten pages of large type and graphics.
https://www.nychdc.com/sites/default...me%20Guide.pdf

Marketing Handbook
https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...g-handbook.pdf
Section on Appeals begins at bottom of Page 33.

Section on Income begins on Page 43.

FAQs from HC2 web page.
https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/faq
Appeals is in ‘Application Process’, Income is in ‘Income and Assets’, and either maybe in other places too.
Thank you for your input. Really appreciate it.

Old 03-08-2024, 07:36 AM

41 posts, read 28,524 times
Quote:

Do the other members in the household have pay stubs? How many days do you have to appeal? Do it ASAP.
It seems like they sometimes respond with a template for rejection, just do what they said or requested again? Good luck!

Old 03-08-2024, 09:40 AM

14 posts, read 9,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciakelsey View Post
so I received the request to sign the marital affidavit and upload updated paystubs of 2 February. On February 10 I received a request to sign the TIC and also submit additional documents to explain all of my cash deposits for the past six months and then I was told to wait 5 to 10 days for an answer. On February 18 I received a notice saying that I was approved and I was asked to schedule the tour ASAP which is coming up on 27 February. That’s pretty much it so far
So I had to sign marital affidavit on pronto along with submitting a credit report and 1 months savings from my provided bank account yesterday. Where do you think im at in next steps of touring/signing a lease? This is for a studio 80% AMI btw

Old 03-08-2024, 09:47 AM

19 posts, read 7,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz6932 View Post
anyone else in the low 1000's still waiting for initial document requests?
Yes, log #10xx. Do you think we have a chance? Don't want to possibly get my hopes up lol

Old 03-10-2024, 04:10 PM

80 posts, read 54,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndegenerate View Post
So I had to sign marital affidavit on pronto along with submitting a credit report and 1 months savings from my provided bank account yesterday. Where do you think im at in next steps of touring/signing a lease? This is for a studio 80% AMI btw
I think they sent your case to the city and waiting for the approval that usually take couple of days according to the timeline on the spreadsheet people provided. What’s your log?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery