Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2023, 02:45 PM

4 posts, read 7,055 times

Advertisements

Log 18xxx with CB preference and was emailed to submit documents earlier today but housing connect still says ”pending.” 80% AMI and have no idea what to expect. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2023, 10:42 AM

46 posts, read 54,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL226 View Post
Log 18xxx with CB preference and was emailed to submit documents earlier today but housing connect still says ”pending.” 80% AMI and have no idea what to expect. Any ideas?
What documents did they request?

Old 04-22-2023, 11:04 AM

15 posts, read 17,030 times
I was emailed by Prontohousing.io to submit documents through their portal, NOT Housing Connect. Is this the same for you? Just want to make sure its not a scam. Their portal asks for all the typical Housing Connect documents.

Old 04-22-2023, 12:45 PM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqh5662 View Post
I was emailed by Prontohousing.io to submit documents through their portal, NOT Housing Connect. Is this the same for you? Just want to make sure its not a scam. Their portal asks for all the typical Housing Connect documents.
Do you have CB too? What’s your log if you don’t mind I ask. Thank you and congrats!

Old 04-22-2023, 01:41 PM

15 posts, read 17,030 times
I have CB preference and I'm 20000. What's the process now? I'm a newbie to this

Old 04-22-2023, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I have CB preference and I'm 20000. What's the process now? I'm a newbie to this
Submit all the documents the required and hopefully waiting for an approval for a new apartment! Make sure you check out the guidebook if you have any questions about the documents.

Old 04-22-2023, 02:24 PM

20 posts, read 16,512 times
My friend and I both got emails asking for documents. We have log numbers 15,4xx and 15,9xx with CB preference. I’m at 130 AMI and she is at 80 AMI. What are your thoughts on likelihood of being selected? It is our first time doing the lottery so any insights would be appreciated.

Old 04-22-2023, 04:40 PM

4 posts, read 7,055 times
Quote:
That’s who emailed me too! I looked them up and it seemed to be legit and included NYC housing connect info and everything so felt like it was a safe bet. Any ideas on what this means for next steps? I’m in a really tough spot because I am supposed to sign for a new apt tomorrow but not sure what my odds are for this one. Don’t want to sign and spend all my money on the broker’s fee to then break the lease but also don’t want to risk it for the lottery Apt if there isn’t a good chance of getting it even though they asked to submit docs. Ugh

Old 04-22-2023, 04:47 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL226 View Post
That’s who emailed me too! I looked them up and it seemed to be legit and included NYC housing connect info and everything so felt like it was a safe bet. Any ideas on what this means for next steps? I’m in a really tough spot because I am supposed to sign for a new apt tomorrow but not sure what my odds are for this one. Don’t want to sign and spend all my money on the broker’s fee to then break the lease but also don’t want to risk it for the lottery Apt if there isn’t a good chance of getting it even though they asked to submit docs. Ugh
That question in one form or another has been asked on this forum four thousand ways from Sunday.

Best advice anyone can give is this process can take a very long time with no promises of certainty.

Being asked to "submit documents" is the start of a process that could take several weeks or months. At end of it there still isn't any sure promise will "win" a unit, in meanwhile you need a place to live.

Old 04-22-2023, 05:06 PM

I’ve made a spreadsheet for another building before so I thought I’d make one for this building. For those who would like to see what log number they building is up to based on applicants on this forum please click here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...CiCC5caZc/edit

Ps: from the experience of the other spreadsheet I found that many people would use it but never add theirs to it. If you find this spreadsheet is helpful please add your status. This is the only way we can help each other out. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery