Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2023, 09:56 PM

50 posts, read 69,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardaka View Post
yep that guy was me (I am a girl lol) I submitted the missing documents right after they ask and got a reply the next day saying “appeal overturned” we were “put back in process” the communication was very smooth after that and almost every day an update with my agent. Then they asked for $20 for background and credit check then after that they sent us the HPD documents to be signed on Pronto and today I saw that on my housing connect our HPD files was uploaded so I’m not sure if that means that they submit it today?. We didn’t see any units yet, but on our TIC doc it says two bedroom and there is a unit number assigned even though we didn’t see any apt yet
Congrats! Which AMI are you in??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2023, 10:23 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,439,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
This is interesting. Cause I was just thinking about how high up they are in log numbers for Ruby for those that have CB preference. I think they need to fill about 70 or so units(?).. so it's interesting to see how they're up to around 40,000 now just to fill that up.

Either way, still keeping my fingers crossed that I have a shot at a 1bedroom when its finally time for general pop
Yes, CB is a HUGE advantage since a full 1/2 of the units are set aside for this group.

Old 06-12-2023, 10:28 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,439,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blus19 View Post
Im not sure looking at Brooklyn crossing will give a good idea of what log number will be reached. A studio at BC was less than 2k and that was just a year ago- it’s a completely different proposition at Ruby and BC was a good deal for those in the 130 category. Ruby is a harder sell for the same Ami especially if you are a single household. Agree on everything else you said here though!
You are right that BC was a slightly better deal but the point is both are a good-great deal for those that could, in theory, afford a same-size unit elsewhere without the location and amenities. Both offer lotto units at about 1/2 price what the comparable MR units would be, which is a great deal for anyone who can afford it.

Old 06-13-2023, 04:36 AM

32 posts, read 33,065 times
The unit they assigned us is 80%
but we also qualify for the 70% not sure how they decide which AMI if you qualify for different.
Also does anyone know if higher AMI mean bigger apartment size?
For ecample is 2 bedrooms 80% AMI bigger in size than 2 bedrooms 70% AMI?

Old 06-13-2023, 05:50 AM

2,010 posts, read 1,628,911 times
Quote:
but we also qualify for the 70% not sure how they decide which AMI if you qualify for different.
If the allotment of 70% AMI units (of a certain size) is already filled they can only offer you 80% AMI. You can ask what is available in your unit size and AMIs, but not everything you qualify will necessarily be available because earlier log#s took some or all of them.

It would be normal for 70% AMI allotments to fill before 80% AMI but that can be effected by the lottery outcomes. For example, it could be many fewer low log#s were at 70% so it took longer for that allotment to fill up.

Higher AMI does not typically mean larger unit because the unit has no AMI until someone moves into it. The same unit might go to a 60% AMI household or a 130% AMI household depending on which household takes it.

I have observed that Rents can vary within an AMI limit depending on unit size and features. A one bedroom with a balcony might have a higher rent than one without a balcony, a larger studio more the a smaller one. But there are no examples of that in this particular lottery.

Good luck and good patience.

Old 06-13-2023, 07:18 AM

20 posts, read 17,965 times
I am CB log 18** got request for documents April 25th-ish.
Got rejected because I didn’t upload a document. Appealed and go the decision overturned the next day. Beginning of may.
Received an email letting me know I was back in. Was sent a list of transactions to justify. Sent that in and two days later I received a document through pronto to authorize for them to check my rent payment history with my landlord. Signed it and haven’t heard back yet. it’s been 4 business days.

Didn’t know about this board until I found it in Reddit today.

Old 06-13-2023, 08:04 AM

684 posts, read 1,819,282 times
Quote:
They may have run out of the 70% units. There weren't a lot of 2 bedrooms for this lottery, I think it was less than 10 units total between all AMIs!

I don't think there's a standard rule as far as how they allocate apartments for various AMIs. I think the most I've heard from some other folks and from my own experience is that sometimes they'll give higher AMIs a higher floor.. but even that I think is just a personal decision from the particular mgmnt company

Old 06-13-2023, 09:07 AM

42 posts, read 44,401 times
Quote:
yep that guy was me (I am a girl lol) I submitted the missing documents right after they ask and got a reply the next day saying “appeal overturned” we were “put back in process” the communication was very smooth after that and almost every day an update with my agent. Then they asked for $20 for background and credit check then after that they sent us the HPD documents to be signed on Pronto and today I saw that on my housing connect our HPD files was uploaded so I’m not sure if that means that they submit it today?. We didn’t see any units yet, but on our TIC doc it says two bedroom and there is a unit number assigned even though we didn’t see any apt yet
Wow, congrats!

Old 06-13-2023, 09:11 AM

42 posts, read 44,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora1965 View Post
I am CB log 18** got request for documents April 25th-ish.
Got rejected because I didn’t upload a document. Appealed and go the decision overturned the next day. Beginning of may.
Received an email letting me know I was back in. Was sent a list of transactions to justify. Sent that in and two days later I received a document through pronto to authorize for them to check my rent payment history with my landlord. Signed it and haven’t heard back yet. it’s been 4 business days.

Didn’t know about this board until I found it in Reddit today.
Sounds good! If you don't mind me asking, what CB and AMI are you? Also could you fill out this spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aZc/edit#gid=0

Old 06-13-2023, 09:20 AM

32 posts, read 33,065 times
hopefully we get approve by the city.
Does anyone knows how long that could take for approval and what happens next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery