Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2024, 04:27 PM

8 posts, read 3,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
Not my fight, but this attitude is why “we can’t have nice things.”
Weed smoke and roaches are 1000% valid reasons to complain. When given a luxury rental opportunity to change the circumstances and environment it’s okay to say “hey, I’m spending my paycheck here, can we meet basic cleanliness and consideration?” If you want to live in trash, stay in trash, don’t bring trash to the luxury spot. That’s not just this building, that’s anywhere, and why people are territorial and exclusive about their housing areas—disrespect your old home that’s used to it, don’t bring it to the new ones where people go to start anew.

It’s okay to act bougie in a bougie ass building when you’re paying bougie ass money.
"Paying bougie ass money"?
Dude, this is literally an affordable housing building so You're Not paying bougie money. Quite the contrary.
Now with that being said, ppl have a right to complain about what they want but we're not going to pretend that these complaints aren't a bit ridiculous. Weed is legal. As one commenter said, can you smell alcohol?
Roaches are a staple in NYC (lmao) and mental health is nothing to put your nose up about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 04:39 PM

98 posts, read 61,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana80s View Post
"Paying bougie ass money"?
Dude, this is literally an affordable housing building so You're Not paying bougie money. Quite the contrary.
Now with that being said, ppl have a right to complain about what they want but we're not going to pretend that these complaints aren't a bit ridiculous. Weed is legal. As one commenter said, can you smell alcohol?
Roaches are a staple in NYC (lmao) and mental health is nothing to put your nose up about.
The only part of this I agree with is that mental health is nothing to put your nose up about. I intentionally excluded that from the list because people with mental illnesses need a safe and nice place to live too. Be dignified about that and stay to yourself if that bothers you.

Bougie money is relative. We’re not paying market rate, but relative to our personal incomes, we’re not just paying a few dollars. If you use weed recreationally that’s your right, but that smell is not for everyone. I think of it similar to if I had a neighbor who cooked foul food all the time and it came through my vents, or let their apartment stench so much it seeped into the hallways, you’re now affecting my living space, too. How is that being a good neighbor? Smoke yourself to paradise, but let me enjoy my candle scents.

Roaches are a staple in NYC but babyyyy not in everyone’s apartment buildings. I’ve been in enough to know, the landlords/management companies who care enough, with enough rich W people under contract, are sure to have those exterminators booked and traps locked and loaded. These “luxury building” folk do not have roaches in their homes every week. That’s an “us” experience, and doesn’t have to be if everyone in a new building agrees to just keep it clean, instead of making excuses for why “it’s always been this way (for me) so it should freely stay that way”.

Old 01-10-2024, 09:40 PM

268 posts, read 142,178 times
Anyways them bicycles seats in the gym hurts
I suggest bring a cushion... after 1 min your behind gonna hurt

Old 01-11-2024, 10:23 AM

31 posts, read 13,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
The only part of this I agree with is that mental health is nothing to put your nose up about. I intentionally excluded that from the list because people with mental illnesses need a safe and nice place to live too. Be dignified about that and stay to yourself if that bothers you.

Bougie money is relative. We’re not paying market rate, but relative to our personal incomes, we’re not just paying a few dollars. If you use weed recreationally that’s your right, but that smell is not for everyone. I think of it similar to if I had a neighbor who cooked foul food all the time and it came through my vents, or let their apartment stench so much it seeped into the hallways, you’re now affecting my living space, too. How is that being a good neighbor? Smoke yourself to paradise, but let me enjoy my candle scents.

Roaches are a staple in NYC but babyyyy not in everyone’s apartment buildings. I’ve been in enough to know, the landlords/management companies who care enough, with enough rich W people under contract, are sure to have those exterminators booked and traps locked and loaded. These “luxury building” folk do not have roaches in their homes every week. That’s an “us” experience, and doesn’t have to be if everyone in a new building agrees to just keep it clean, instead of making excuses for why “it’s always been this way (for me) so it should freely stay that way”.
You really cant preach to people who aren’t used to having anything, literally. Just because certain things have become the “norm” over the years, doesn’t make it acceptable or a way anyone should live. Its crazy one is made to feel like something is wrong with them because they want a smoke free environment or pest free after paying thousands a month on their rent. Like yeah weed is legal, but what about people with respiratory illnesses? If it clearly states in the lease that the building is smoke free, why must someone be called a “Karen” because it’s not being abided by? But again, thats just the mentality of a smoker and someone who doesn't care about how it affects others that chose to live a smoke free life. One of the top reasons why parents have ACS cases in NYC is because of marijuana. But I guess a parent like myself is just supposed to ignore the second and third hand inhalation of it because its legal and we’re in the south bronx. Such a joke wanting to live better and have a fresh start after waiting years to be called for a unit through HC is considered bougie.

Old 01-11-2024, 11:04 AM

115 posts, read 71,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaMinuaj View Post
Whattt glad you said that, that didn’t even cross my mind.
Yes it’s a female and I was shocked I thought she was trespassing

Old 01-11-2024, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseSinai View Post
Wait what!!! People with mental illness will be living in that building?
Yes in all housing connect buildings atleast 5% I think goes to them

Old 01-11-2024, 11:11 AM

Ya do know people can post what they want on this forum right? Everyone is entitled to say what they want and post whatever concerns they have and that’s wether they live in their units or not! And my entire family from Webster on 1400 and 1300 side in the Ps that don’t mean you can’t have standards where you’re paying your hard earned money to rest ya head

Old 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM

33 posts, read 25,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muva1019 View Post
Yes it’s a female and I was shocked I thought she was trespassing
Damn that’s crazy. Don’t want offend anyone with mental health issues but shouldn’t they be in a facility. Mentally ill ppl are unpredictable sometimes forgetful & careless. Those be the ones starting the infestations and etc. Everyone deserves housing but I mean I wouldn’t want to be next door to a schizophrenic…. Had my share of mentally ill neighbors and it wasn’t fun.

Old 01-11-2024, 03:11 PM

4 posts, read 1,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling1783 View Post
you really cant preach to people who aren’t used to having anything, literally. Just because certain things have become the “norm” over the years, doesn’t make it acceptable or a way anyone should live. Its crazy one is made to feel like something is wrong with them because they want a smoke free environment or pest free after paying thousands a month on their rent. Like yeah weed is legal, but what about people with respiratory illnesses? If it clearly states in the lease that the building is smoke free, why must someone be called a “karen” because it’s not being abided by? But again, thats just the mentality of a smoker and someone who doesn't care about how it affects others that chose to live a smoke free life. One of the top reasons why parents have acs cases in nyc is because of marijuana. But i guess a parent like myself is just supposed to ignore the second and third hand inhalation of it because its legal and we’re in the south bronx. Such a joke wanting to live better and have a fresh start after waiting years to be called for a unit through hc is considered bougie.
amen.

Old 01-11-2024, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay2300 View Post
Damn that’s crazy. Don’t want offend anyone with mental health issues but shouldn’t they be in a facility. Mentally ill ppl are unpredictable sometimes forgetful & careless. Those be the ones starting the infestations and etc. Everyone deserves housing but I mean I wouldn’t want to be next door to a schizophrenic…. Had my share of mentally ill neighbors and it wasn’t fun.
Yea and same here I definitely don’t wanna come off as offensive because everyone deserves to have housing but also every deserves a safe environment I just hope it’s smooth sailing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery