Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2024, 05:34 AM

115 posts, read 71,210 times

Advertisements

If you’re not living in the building you won’t understand simply bcuz you’re already thinking way to far ahead nobody said working class mentally I’ll ppl don’t deserve to live with us & the people that lives here and have been for the entire 4 months understand! And fyi the mentally ill tenant I was referring too is not a working class which who are very different in behavior and manner! And I know bcuz I’ve seen him
On 149 begging for money and screaming in peoples face when got ignored now we all know that isn’t a occupation so yea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 02:53 PM

47 posts, read 31,352 times
Hello, just wanted to update that I decided to not move forward with my application. I recently got a temporary job and that push me to another AMI, they offering me a 1 bedroom for $2,166. It's a 14 year old and me. Plus I can't afford that and make long term commitment base on short term income. I understand how the process works and I'm okay. Wishing everyone who hasn't been contacted, to be contacted soon.

Old 03-22-2024, 02:56 PM

Plus I think I broke the record for extra documents requested lol. 27 extra documents, on top of everything that I already submitted initially.

Old 03-22-2024, 03:13 PM

98 posts, read 34,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakebytheocean View Post
Hello, just wanted to update that I decided to not move forward with my application. I recently got a temporary job and that push me to another AMI, they offering me a 1 bedroom for $2,166. It's a 14 year old and me. Plus I can't afford that and make long term commitment base on short term income. I understand how the process works and I'm okay. Wishing everyone who hasn't been contacted, to be contacted soon.
Hi and thank you for this update. I'm sorry that the end results did not work in your favor.
In a earlier post you mentioned that you were hoping for a 3bdrm. In this post you mentioned that it is just you and a teenager. Did your household composition change as well as your AMI, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 03-22-2024, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcia87 View Post
Hi and thank you for this update. I'm sorry that the end results did not work in your favor.
In a earlier post you mentioned that you were hoping for a 3bdrm. In this post you mentioned that it is just you and a teenager. Did your household composition change as well as your AMI, if you don't mind me asking?
Hi. Yes, I was applying last year with my mom and dad too but I've updated my profile on HC several months ago to just me and my 14 y.o. I think I can get a better deal for $2,166 in the Bronx. Amenities are cool but space is vital for me. Good luck to you and everyone who may be waiting!!

Old 03-22-2024, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakebytheocean View Post
Hi. Yes, I was applying last year with my mom and dad too but I've updated my profile on HC several months ago to just me and my 14 y.o. I think I can get a better deal for $2,166 in the Bronx. Amenities are cool but space is vital for me. Good luck to you and everyone who may be waiting!!
I agree wholeheartedly. The price for that 1bdrm for you and your teen can't be justified, especially being that your current AMI is temporary.
Thank you for your well wishes and I send many Return.

Old 03-25-2024, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJ1821 View Post
I sent them an email. They havent even finished city employee preference which is what I have . This is taking so long
Snapshot taken this morning of my profile! I thought my eyes was playing tricks on me lol! Literally just checked on it last night and nothing and then this morning, bam! Check your profile! Fingers crossed!!!

Old 03-25-2024, 08:46 AM

143 posts, read 69,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcia87 View Post
Snapshot taken this morning of my profile! I thought my eyes was playing tricks on me lol! Literally just checked on it last night and nothing and then this morning, bam! Check your profile! Fingers crossed!!!
OMG me too snapshot taken !! I’m so nervous . Can anyone that had to submit proof of child support tell me if a had written letter needs to be notarized . He gives it voluntarily

Old 03-25-2024, 09:10 AM

143 posts, read 69,195 times
Wow they sent me so many documents to submit . Immediately overwhelmed . But they didn’t ask for bank statements or child support . Are those second round requests ?

Last edited by MJJ1821; 03-25-2024 at 09:31 AM..

Old 03-25-2024, 10:28 AM

283 posts, read 161,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJ1821 View Post
OMG me too snapshot taken !! I’m so nervous . Can anyone that had to submit proof of child support tell me if a had written letter needs to be notarized . He gives it voluntarily

Yes it has to be notarized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery