Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2024, 05:25 AM

143 posts, read 71,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineflow View Post
those are the only units are i qualify for too, so i guess thats it then smh. are you in the CB?
I have city employee preference but I believe they already filled that preference and are doing GP. My log range is 5xx , a building with 400 plus units i would’ve never expected units to be filled already .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2024, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling1783 View Post
I am very much grateful for my apt and the 3 1/2 months ive been here, but when that time comes and I am able to find another apt within a decent price range and a better area, I will not be renewing my lease.
I’m curious about your experiences as well

Old 04-13-2024, 01:58 PM

31 posts, read 14,505 times
I know many my not see it as much or I'm just complaining, but it bothers me.. I also have a small baby.

- The amount of dirt that comes through this window from the recycling plant is crazy. I took a few photos and that is all of the build of from just two days of me cleaning the area. The filters on the air purifier get filled so quickly its dangerous esp to those with respiratory issues as well as all of the fumes from the major decan.

- It's LOUD. We cannot sleep with windows open. I get it, its nyc its never really quiet but between the 18 wheelers, and the people racing their cars 123 in the morning is crazy. Its nothing like the regular noise you hear on a regular st at night.. Id take a car driving by blasting their music for a few seconds any day.

- My apt stinks. the bathroom and bedroom that are adjacent from the next unit, they are chain smokers. walls are thin and its seeping through.
I also hear my neighbors Fking every single night.

I also think im on the floor they placed all of the nut jobs on. There's literally a lady that is on the phone (or speaking to herself) every morning yelling in the hallway cursing someone out. I have NO IDEA who she is talking to but its EVERY MORNING.

Plus I am in a 1 bdrm and need more space. Not much but very much enough going on me for me to keep looking as time goes on. The comment was made before, but there is just a certain type of people and livelihood you willl have like in an affordable housing building, no matter where you are. People are stealing packages from infront of doors and weights out of the weight room, like are you kidding me? cant even enjoy nothing nice If i ever get the chance to be called again for affordable housing, i will not take it.

Overall my unit is comfortable, though it stinks.

Old 04-13-2024, 02:01 PM

31 posts, read 14,505 times
from air pollution
Attached Thumbnails
Bronx Point - 575 Exterior Street - Phase 1 Lottery-55555454.jpg   Bronx Point - 575 Exterior Street - Phase 1 Lottery-333333.jpg   Bronx Point - 575 Exterior Street - Phase 1 Lottery-444444.jpg   Bronx Point - 575 Exterior Street - Phase 1 Lottery-22222.jpg  

Old 04-13-2024, 04:05 PM

100 posts, read 36,938 times
Quote:
I know many my not see it as much or I'm just complaining, but it bothers me.. I also have a small baby.

- The amount of dirt that comes through this window from the recycling plant is crazy. I took a few photos and that is all of the build of from just two days of me cleaning the area. The filters on the air purifier get filled so quickly its dangerous esp to those with respiratory issues as well as all of the fumes from the major decan.

- It's LOUD. We cannot sleep with windows open. I get it, its nyc its never really quiet but between the 18 wheelers, and the people racing their cars 123 in the morning is crazy. Its nothing like the regular noise you hear on a regular st at night.. Id take a car driving by blasting their music for a few seconds any day.

- My apt stinks. the bathroom and bedroom that are adjacent from the next unit, they are chain smokers. walls are thin and its seeping through.

I also think im on the floor they placed all of the nut jobs on. There's literally a lady that is on the phone (or speaking to herself) every morning yelling in the hallway cursing someone out. I have NO IDEA who she is talking to but its EVERY MORNING.

Plus I am in a 1 bdrm and need more space. Not much but very much enough going on me for me to keep looking as time goes on. The comment was made before, but there is just a certain type of people and livelihood you willl have like in an affordable housing building, no matter where you are. People are stealing packages from infront of doors and weights out of the weight room, like are you kidding me? cant even enjoy nothing nice If i ever get the chance to be called again for affordable housing, i will not take it.

First off, thank you for sharing your experience. I can't believe that your brand new apartment is already being subjected to this BS. What should be a great experience, is seemingly turning into a nightmare. Im really sorry that your experience hasn't been everything you wanted it to be. It's really a damn shame and it's why you can't give everyone opportunities like this. Point blank period.

Old 04-15-2024, 06:11 AM

63 posts, read 37,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJ1821 View Post
I have city employee preference but I believe they already filled that preference and are doing GP. My log range is 5xx , a building with 400 plus units i would’ve never expected units to be filled already .
would you happen to know if the units are first come first serve, or if there's a certain amount of units designated for each preference and general population beforehand?

Old 04-15-2024, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineflow View Post
would you happen to know if the units are first come first serve, or if there's a certain amount of units designated for each preference and general population beforehand?
They go in log order so lower logs first. They fill preferences first so whatever apt size those applicants fall in they will get first I believe it’s 5%. It is like first come first serve but in log order . They emailed me back I’m on the waiting list.

Old 04-15-2024, 07:47 AM

And CB is 50% first I left that out . So half already went to CB now they doing general population. My log is low I’m still surprised to be on a waiting list but good kick to the rest of you.

Old 04-15-2024, 09:04 AM

3 posts, read 593 times
Quote:

Reading about your neighbors, this is why they do poor door. When they allowed the lottery residents into our laundry room it was always filthy, broken, and a mess. When they locked them out conditions improved. I can list other things that have gone on in my building

Old 04-15-2024, 09:58 AM

115 posts, read 71,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcia87 View Post
Hi Muva! I hope all is going well with your new home! I was rereading the thread and I see that you're one of the only ones who mentioned that you got approved for a 1bdrm at 50% AMI. if you don't mind, can you explain the floor plan of the 1bdrm? Is the kitchen separate from the living room? Island kitchen? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry I’m late but my unit is one with a island and my kitchen is separated from the living room
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery