Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 09:07 PM

111 posts, read 71,620 times

Advertisements

How do you know when they take the snapshot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2023, 06:59 AM

86 posts, read 50,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Page 33, Marketing Handbook, a useful, informative, and valuable document with a good table of contents.
https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...dbook-8-21.pdf

###

How do I know if I have been rejected?
You can see the status of your applications on your Dashboard.

When your application is reached in a specific lottery, your Dashboard will show its status as ineligible if your household information (size and income) do not meet the development's requirements.

If you respond to a request for documents to confirm that you qualify, but the marketing agent's review determines that your household does not meet the guidelines, you will receive a rejection notice. The status will also appear on your Dashboard.

The most common reasons for rejection are not meeting income or household eligibility requirements. The federal government, HPD, and HDC set minimum and maximum requirements. You may also be disqualified if the household submitted more than one application per household for the development.

How do I appeal?
If you receive and respond to a request for documents, the marketing agent for that development then conducts a review to confirm that you are eligible. If the review finds that you do not meet the requirements for the development, you will receive a rejection notice. This notice will come to your email and appear on your NYC Housing Connect dashboard. The notice will explain why you were rejected.

If you believe that you were rejected from a lottery in error, follow the instructions in the rejection notice. Act quickly. The notice will tell you how many days you have to submit an appeal. You will submit your appeal and supporting documentation through Housing Connect.

If your appeal to the marketing agent is not successful, you will receive an appeal rejection notice, with an explanation. This notice arrives via email and on your NYC Housing Connect dashboard. If you still believe you were wrongly rejected, follow the instructions in the notice to submit a complaint, with documentation, to either HPD or HDC. The instructions will provide the correct contact information for that lottery.

Source
https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/faq
They never conducted a review. I was never asked to submit documents. My application status literally went from Pending to Ineligible. The HPD worker said I cannot appeal if I was never asked to submit documents. None of this makes any sense to me.

Old 12-13-2023, 10:30 AM

171 posts, read 127,686 times
That has happened to me a few times. I was told that was because there are no more apartments available in my AMI. It’s confusing sometimes.

Old 12-18-2023, 11:00 AM

5 posts, read 3,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietdelight View Post
Someone told us that all 80% Ami apts were filled. Do you have a contact you’re able to share regarding the manager?
I just called a general number from Paxton lottery web site couple of weeks ago.
last week I received a request to submit docs for log #14xx, 130 ami, no CB preference. today the manager confirmed they only have studios

Old 01-06-2024, 02:34 PM

16 posts, read 12,172 times
Hi all,Happy New year !
Does anyone know where to find the sqft of apartments?
Thank you so much I appreciate any /all help and and insight.Good luck to all of us!

Old 01-07-2024, 11:29 AM

96 posts, read 61,681 times
Try calling the marketing agency for that information.

Old 01-10-2024, 10:26 AM

20 posts, read 11,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiypo77 View Post
They never conducted a review. I was never asked to submit documents. My application status literally went from Pending to Ineligible. The HPD worker said I cannot appeal if I was never asked to submit documents. None of this makes any sense to me.
hey this happened to me too and i am eligible. but there's no way to Appeal which is unfair.

Old 01-10-2024, 06:35 PM

193 posts, read 104,138 times
why do i see on the details portion that it says "unit available"... i have ME preference and log 15xxx.. whats the deal with this building? do they still have 2 bedrooms or are all gone?

Old 01-11-2024, 04:25 PM

38 posts, read 28,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiypo77 View Post
The same thing happened to me. Went from pending to not eligible. Crazy. They can simply say there’s no more units left in our AMI.

Old 01-11-2024, 05:46 PM

5 posts, read 3,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeentt View Post
why do i see on the details portion that it says "unit available"... i have ME preference and log 15xxx.. whats the deal with this building? do they still have 2 bedrooms or are all gone?
as of Dec 18th, based on the marketing agent info, all apartments except studios are gone.
my log is #14xx 130% and nothing except studio was offered to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery