Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 07:14 AM

99 posts, read 81,165 times

Advertisements

To those of you who have helped thus far, THANK U THANK U THANK U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2023, 07:24 AM

This thing keeps cutting me off but to those who have offered resources as well as just words of encouragement, I am grateful. Your kindness does not go unnoticed. I hope to pay it forward one day when I am able. It is nice to know there are still good people around.

Old 08-25-2023, 08:15 AM

16,289 posts, read 10,434,651 times
Your thread title got me to open the thread. I went ahead and donated a small amount because I believe your story. I hope you can get the funds you need. I would post this on every social media place you can find.

Old 08-25-2023, 09:06 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,920,036 times
I expect a lot of flack from this, but

People who can't afford rent have no business having babies.

Old 08-25-2023, 09:21 AM

76 posts, read 70,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post

You live in Arizona and you’re commenting on a NYC housing forum?! Also were your parents rich when they had you? Please keep your ignorant comments off of here.

Old 08-25-2023, 09:46 AM

3,149 posts, read 2,743,445 times
Eff off whence you came, buddy. Help or don't help. But don't crap on people who are struggling.

Old 08-25-2023, 10:49 AM

253 posts, read 218,610 times
By when do you need to give the amount it’s crazy they ask for security deposits like rent is already expensive

Old 08-25-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
By when do you need to give the amount it’s crazy they ask for security deposits like rent is already expensive
It is crazy how fast they want it. I was originally told 3 days after approval but did some research and found that they are supposed to give at least 5 and can give at most 30-60. So I was able to convince them to give me until at least the 31st of this month. This management company moved really fast, even bypassing the “10 days to submit documents” thing but since I’ve had this building on my wishlist since receiving a relatively low log last year (although I was originally just a 1 person household), I always kept a folder with all the documents ready to go. My pregnancy and complications after is what has me unprepared financially but I have faith I will get it together. They do know I am currently waiting for assistance with HRA so that helps.

Old 08-25-2023, 11:06 AM

17 posts, read 13,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post

Wow, thank you so much for your input. What do you want OP to do, go back in time and unbirth her baby?

Old 08-25-2023, 11:35 AM

253 posts, read 218,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBawler View Post
It is crazy how fast they want it. I was originally told 3 days after approval but did some research and found that they are supposed to give at least 5 and can give at most 30-60. So I was able to convince them to give me until at least the 31st of this month. This management company moved really fast, even bypassing the “10 days to submit documents” thing but since I’ve had this building on my wishlist since receiving a relatively low log last year (although I was originally just a 1 person household), I always kept a folder with all the documents ready to go. My pregnancy and complications after is what has me unprepared financially but I have faith I will get it together. They do know I am currently waiting for assistance with HRA so that helps.

Awww that sucks hra I tried with them and they are the worst that after applying In March they reach out to me now going do I still need help I went noooooo it’s crazy that people who need help they manage to let them struggle but sadly people who are arriving here on buses are being given things that they make us wait months or years to get
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery