Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2023, 07:07 AM

6 posts, read 2,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBawler View Post
As I am looking for how to delete a thread or at the very least the GOFUNDME link, I am seeing that I will basically have to report myself. So, that is what I am going to do. I will update what happens with the voucher on the actual lottery thread in case that information can be useful to someone.
Yea you’re a scammer for sure . Someone will report that link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2023, 08:03 AM

171 posts, read 128,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincity210 View Post
I guess it just gives scamming vibes. Gofundme states funds given have to be used for what you asked for. Posts like op will open the gate here for more gofundmes and more scams. It’s a red flag she kept spamming this spread asking for help but when she has more than enough to pay, she now says she wants to wait for a voucher to come through. It just makes you think and hope it’s not a scam but then she calls herself lady baller too………
What scam did she do? She literally stated what she’s going to use the funds for & stated the security deposit voucher from the beginning… she said she wanted to keep
The THREAD open to update everyone not the gofundme link. If you feel someone is scamming, just don’t donate.

Old 08-30-2023, 09:42 AM

293 posts, read 223,345 times
SinCity are you okay?

Old 08-30-2023, 10:25 AM

200 posts, read 219,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbound7 View Post
What scam did she do? She literally stated what she’s going to use the funds for & stated the security deposit voucher from the beginning… she said she wanted to keep
The THREAD open to update everyone not the gofundme link. If you feel someone is scamming, just don’t donate.
I don't think she's a scammer, but how do we avoid degrading this useful live lottery information exchange forum...This forum helps us keep lottery management on their tip-toes, by monitoring their fulfilment practice. Not a place for solicitations. Repeating myself: if OP posts exactly what steps she'd taken to overcome redtape or receive institutional grant, and exact timelines - that's futhering the forum. But subject of reader donation should never arise here

Old 08-30-2023, 03:29 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times
I think it's great that you raised $3,000. I was happy to help with my small donation and very happy that someone who could afford $1,800 could offer more. Disregard the scammer comments, it was inevitable, and enjoy your new home.

Old 08-30-2023, 05:13 PM

59 posts, read 58,171 times
I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I hope you and your daughter are very happy there.

Old 08-31-2023, 11:11 AM

99 posts, read 80,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I think it's great that you raised $3,000. I was happy to help with my small donation and very happy that someone who could afford $1,800 could offer more. Disregard the scammer comments, it was inevitable, and enjoy your new home.
Yea I’ve tried to just ignore it…I literally just came from signing the lease, all went well! I’m so happy and finally not anxious anymore! Thank you so much!

Old 08-31-2023, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg-ev View Post
I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I hope you and your daughter are very happy there.
Thank you! I’m very excited as well!

Old 08-31-2023, 11:18 AM

Just wanted to share an update….I just signed the lease! And as for the security voucher, they did take it. But she did let me know that in the event that my case is denied then of course I would still owe that deposit. It wouldn’t jeopardize the lease though so to say since it’s already signed, but it would be added to my balance. She also said they take all types of programs and assistance and try to work with everyone. So I’m not sure if this is across the board as far as all lotteries or if it is just this company.

Thanks again for all the help!

Old 08-31-2023, 11:57 AM

6 posts, read 2,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBawler View Post
Just wanted to share an update….I just signed the lease! And as for the security voucher, they did take it. But she did let me know that in the event that my case is denied then of course I would still owe that deposit. It wouldn’t jeopardize the lease though so to say since it’s already signed, but it would be added to my balance. She also said they take all types of programs and assistance and try to work with everyone. So I’m not sure if this is across the board as far as all lotteries or if it is just this company.

Thanks again for all the help!
I’m confused so why was the GFM made? If the security voucher paid for first month and security, it is a scam that you asked for money because you did not use what was given in the gofundme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery