Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2023, 03:52 PM

17 posts, read 13,533 times

Advertisements

Wow, that's seriously generous. I wish that person great karma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2023, 04:44 PM

111 posts, read 102,019 times

Old 08-29-2023, 04:55 PM

271 posts, read 307,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blus19 View Post
someone just gave $1800! Can see there being a few more of these type of appeals here tbh
That is GREAT! Maybe she shared it on an organizations page. Either way, hoping all works out for OP and one day they can pay it forward to another person in need.

Old 08-29-2023, 07:55 PM

117 posts, read 76,014 times
Wow! What a blessing!

Old 08-29-2023, 08:15 PM

99 posts, read 81,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjen23 View Post
That is GREAT! Maybe she shared it on an organizations page. Either way, hoping all works out for OP and one day they can pay it forward to another person in need.
Yes, that is exactly what I intend to do. It still amazes me how strangers have helped me and I definitely plan on doing the same for someone/others when I am in the position to. I know there were some people not a fan of this post and/or were somehow offended by it. I hope you are never in this position but if you were ever to be, I hope strangers will come together to help you as well. There are still a lot of good people in this world. I will be closing the fundraiser once everything has transferred. I will also be going to sign the lease Thursday but I want to keep this open until then just to share what happens with the security voucher. Thankfully, if they end up not accepting it, I will be able to pay it now. As a few have noted, a lot of people come on this forum for information and I think that is something that would be good to know.

Again, thank you to those of you who donated, shared, and even just offered words. It means more than you will ever know. It took a lot of courage to ask strangers but l had to do it for my daughter. She will now have what I never had, her very own room. And we will finally have a place to call home. THANK YOU!

Last edited by LadyBawler; 08-29-2023 at 08:34 PM..

Old 08-30-2023, 04:50 AM

6 posts, read 2,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBawler View Post
Yes, that is exactly what I intend to do. It still amazes me how strangers have helped me and I definitely plan on doing the same for someone/others when I am in the position to. I know there were some people not a fan of this post and/or were somehow offended by it. I hope you are never in this position but if you were ever to be, I hope strangers will come together to help you as well. There are still a lot of good people in this world. I will be closing the fundraiser once everything has transferred. I will also be going to sign the lease Thursday but I want to keep this open until then just to share what happens with the security voucher. Thankfully, if they end up not accepting it, I will be able to pay it now. As a few have noted, a lot of people come on this forum for information and I think that is something that would be good to know.

Again, thank you to those of you who donated, shared, and even just offered words. It means more than you will ever know. It took a lot of courage to ask strangers but l had to do it for my daughter. She will now have what I never had, her very own room. And we will finally have a place to call home. THANK YOU!
Why don’t you pay the security&deposit now? You’ve already made your goal on gofundme. This sounds like a scam for the fact you desperately asked for funds and now you are saying you are just going to wait for the voucher which isn’t even guaranteed.
You got the money and aren’t even using it for what you asked for. If you truly wanted the apartment you would just pay it with what you have.

Old 08-30-2023, 04:55 AM

254 posts, read 225,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincity210 View Post
Why don’t you pay the security&deposit now? You’ve already made your goal on gofundme. This sounds like a scam for the fact you desperately asked for funds and now you are saying you are just going to wait for the voucher which isn’t even guaranteed.
You got the money and aren’t even using it for what you asked for. If you truly wanted the apartment you would just pay it with what you have.
Reread op post she said she will if they doesn’t accept the voucher Thursday why not wait another day and see what if the voucher is accepted then she can use the extra money to get stuff for her daughter she said she won’t be whole until in September when she start bk working. Give the lady the benefit of doubt

Old 08-30-2023, 05:06 AM

6 posts, read 2,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denellis View Post
Reread op post she said she will if they doesn’t accept the voucher Thursday why not wait another day and see what if the voucher is accepted then she can use the extra money to get stuff for her daughter she said she won’t be whole until in September when she start bk working. Give the lady the benefit of doubt
I guess it just gives scamming vibes. Gofundme states funds given have to be used for what you asked for. Posts like op will open the gate here for more gofundmes and more scams. It’s a red flag she kept spamming this spread asking for help but when she has more than enough to pay, she now says she wants to wait for a voucher to come through. It just makes you think and hope it’s not a scam but then she calls herself lady baller too………

Old 08-30-2023, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincity210 View Post
I guess it just gives scamming vibes. Gofundme states funds given have to be used for what you asked for. Posts like op will open the gate here for more gofundmes and more scams. It’s a red flag she kept spamming this spread asking for help but when she has more than enough to pay, she now says she wants to wait for a voucher to come through. It just makes you think and hope it’s not a scam but then she calls herself lady baller too………
I didn’t say I was waiting for the voucher to come through. As I stated, the management company said they would accept the voucher, even though my case has not been approved. In the event my case ends up not being approved for some reason, I don’t know what that means as far as the voucher.

Old 08-30-2023, 07:02 AM

As I am looking for how to delete a thread or at the very least the GOFUNDME link, I am seeing that I will basically have to report myself. So, that is what I am going to do. I will update what happens with the voucher on the actual lottery thread in case that information can be useful to someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery