Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2023, 02:52 PM

198 posts, read 175,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Thanks for the video! It has a good view and I'll take a pantry over a dishwasher because I never use mines lol always hand wash! $400 extra is pretty significant considering all the other bills you still have to cover (electricity, phone, internet, groceries, transportation etc.). I would write out a sample budget and list all my expenses for the month, see what's left over, and see if paying an extra $400 a month is feasible. This is a great opportunity but you wanna make sure it won't stress you financially. The $2K rent will go up when it's time to renew the lease so all of these are factors to keep in mind. Best of luck and keep us posted!
Thanks for the advice Nini, I will keep this in mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2023, 02:56 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee26 View Post
they call that the "Central Park view" lol.

its a pantry
Congrats

Old 12-08-2023, 03:32 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Default Zip Code does not Equal Community Board

[quote=lilfizz7t;66162465]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylove2020 View Post

I def am . I called today and asked why I havent been called eveb though im community board 10 . She said they are going by the zipcode where the building is located first .
Zip Code does not Equal Community Board. This is a BIG RED FLAG.

I don’t have the time to research this particularly right now. But, they potentially are contacting people with the same zip code that are not in the correct community board, and excluding people who are in the community board but have a different zip code.

Look at the two maps below. See if CB10 does not conform to a single zip code.

Zip Code Map. A poster said they are using 10037.
https://www.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downl.../Manhattan.pdf

Compare to Community Board Map, scroll down for CB10
https://www.nyc.gov/site/communitybo...bout/maps.page

Anyone with a low log# in CB that has not be contacted should reach out. Call your City Councilor and so on.
See if they are using zip code not CB which would be entirely contrary to all posted notices. I have never know a lottery building to use zip code. It they are they are using an unauthorized short cut.

It seems that Zip Code 10037 includes blocks both East and West of 5th Ave, while CB10 includes 5th Ave but ONLY blocks to the west of it.

Ok, maybe they mean zip code 10027 (two seven) but that would also be a problem because that zip code goes all the way to the Hudson River, but no part of CB 10 reaches the Hudson River not even close. CB9 and CB12 are on the Hudson in north Manhattan.

Last edited by WildAboutHarry; 12-08-2023 at 03:43 PM..

Old 12-08-2023, 03:42 PM

45 posts, read 23,441 times
[quote=WildAboutHarry;66163625]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfizz7t View Post
Zip Code does not Equal Community Board. This is a BIG RED FLAG.

I don’t have the time to research this particularly right now. But, they potentially are contacting people with the same zip code that are not in the correct community board, and excluding people who are in the community board but have a different zip code.

Look at the two maps below. See if CB10 does not conform to a single zip code.

Zip Code Map. A poster said they are using 10037.
https://www.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downl.../Manhattan.pdf

Compare to Community Board Map, scroll down for CB10
https://www.nyc.gov/site/communitybo...bout/maps.page

Anyone with a low log# in CB that has not be contacted should reach out. Call your City Councilor and so on.
See if they are using zip code not CB which would be entirely contrary to all posted notices. I have never know a lottery building to use zip code. It they are they are using an unauthorized short cut.

It seems that Zip Code 10037 includes blocks both East and West of 5th Ave, while CB10 includes 5th Ave but ONLY blocks to the west of it.
This is what they told me and my zipcode is 10039 which falls into the community board .

Old 12-08-2023, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Zip 10037, yes I had to bring a money order for background check/ credit check. But she said you can opt for 12 months rent receipts or credit check.
I am pretty sure 10027 is the correct zip code for 126 west 126th St. And, they should not be using zip code to contact people because Community Board boundaries and Zip Code boundaries are not same thing, a portion of 10037 is CB10, and another portion is not. Some maybe all of 10026, 10030, 10039.

Old 12-08-2023, 03:52 PM

121 posts, read 88,818 times
Quote:
Zip 10037, yes I had to bring a money order for background check/ credit check. But she said you can opt for 12 months rent receipts or credit check.
Did you have to bring in all your documents again you submitted through pronto? I got email from someone requesting bring in all documents again for interview

Old 12-08-2023, 03:57 PM

[quote=lilfizz7t;66163664]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post

This is what they told me and my zipcode is 10039 which falls into the community board .
Yes, I believe you. But 10039 not the only zip code of CB10, and at least one zip code is only partially in CB10 and partially not. Best wishes good luck.

If you move there, you will be changing zip codes.

Old 12-08-2023, 03:58 PM

The only thing I can think of is Ami difference I’m currently at 80 Ami 12** log number and cb

Old 12-08-2023, 04:01 PM

98 posts, read 61,738 times
Quote:
Oh that is a veryyy nice apt, especially with the view + sunlight which are premiums in Manhattan. I too moved from a studio to a 1-bedroom and though I absolutely adored my studio (coziest and most comfy “me” space ever), after a few years I wished I had more space to accommodate guests, family, etc in, and the 1-br allowed that quality of life so the price was worth it for me. But look @ your lifestyle and make that kind of decision, because you’ll be the only one living in it 24/7 (maybe, idk your circumstances), so if having that extra room + the benefit of a rent stabilized 1br is important to you, it’d be an upgrade for sure. Also know there will always be more lottery 1-brs so if you’re not ready for the financial change just yet, you’ll have more opportunities in the future when you’re ready.

Old 12-08-2023, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Did you have to resubmit all documents again they sent me an email asking to to bring all documents in again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery