Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2024, 09:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,039 times

Advertisements

My NYS drivers license doesn’t have my NYC address on it. That’s okay, right? It lists my parents house outside the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2024, 01:02 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
Yes, anywhere within NYS is good. But by the time you’re called to see apartments, it might be better if your license has your correct address to match your other documents, such as tax returns.

Old 01-13-2024, 08:49 PM

3 posts, read 2,185 times
Did anyone else have trouble submitting the administrative fee payment when applying online?

Old 01-14-2024, 10:08 PM

21 posts, read 25,952 times
Hello,

Do we have the sending mailing address? I have not received any email yet.

Old 01-14-2024, 10:17 PM

65 posts, read 38,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMANHATTAN View Post
Did anyone else have trouble submitting the administrative fee payment when applying online?
I didn't have an issue but if your payment isn't going through, you can also apply via the letter they send you in the mail. I received the letter three or four days after I was emailed the online link to apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandreLeGrand View Post
Hello,

Do we have the sending mailing address? I have not received any email yet.
If you have't gotten the email yet, it is likely it either went to spam or you didn't apply with your email initially. But they mailed letters out the same day they sent the email. I received my paper application a few days after I got access to the online application. That said, the physical application is likely in your mailbox.

Old 01-15-2024, 06:25 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
For those of you on the studio list, here is a Penn South studio video that was recently posted on the Apartment Therapy website. This is one of the larger studio layouts, so you would have to be lucky to get one of these, but it is possible! Also, her kitchen is not the typical one; it had been redone by a previous owner. But it’s very rare to get a glimpse inside any Penn South apartment, and it’s interesting to see how the owner’s creativity made excellent use of the space.

https://youtu.be/Ksf8X1Ga4jE?si=uDH1XiwboOWpuCry

Old 01-15-2024, 09:43 AM

2 posts, read 1,590 times
Default Trouble with payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMANHATTAN View Post
I do! I've been trying since last night but nothing happens when I click 'submit'. I tried different cards. Even tried the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page but the submit button doesn't seem to work as well.

Has anyone gotten through after having trouble with this?

Old 01-15-2024, 11:11 AM

65 posts, read 38,504 times
Did you sign up on the website before the tenth? There was an error in the system that allowed 2023 waitlisters to sign up before they were actually ready. If you did then you need to resign up on the link they sent on the tenth.

I know this bc I signed up early. And while I was able to access the waitlist —- it didn’t allow me to submit payment or contact. I spoke with PS and we figured out that was the issue. I had to resign up on the link they sent.

Macnyc2003 - thanks for sharing. That is a pretty large studio! Fingers crossed I get offered one this size.

Old 01-15-2024, 12:55 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,727,396 times
Whew, that is...a lot for a small space. But she seems very happy with it. I guess if you're not worried about resale value you can get a little more...idiosyncratic.

Old 01-15-2024, 03:01 PM

93 posts, read 77,028 times
I agree. That is... a lot. I didn't like it, but to each their own!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery