Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2024, 08:01 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennbrazil View Post
Great!
Does the list position depend on when you send your application in? Like if I'm #50 on the 2023 list and I send mine in after #176, are they ahead of me?

What is the username?
No. Your 2023 log number is what was originally drawn in the lottery. It’s not first come, first served.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2024, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml12446 View Post
I currently live with my long-term boyfriend though we are not technically domestic partners or married. Should I list him as a household member since we would be moving in together, or should I list just myself since I would be the main purchaser?
I would say yes.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:58 AM

145 posts, read 81,256 times
I still don't have the email.
What else will I need to put on the application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynkia View Post
No, the list is whatever number you were given in that first letter or on Mitchell Lama Connect. Whatever your number is - is what you are on the 2023 list. Note, that will be different than your number on the waitlist as there are still people from earlier lotteries on the waitlist.

The email had a link to follow that appears to be specific to each person because my info came up. Just follow the directions in the email. I'm not even sure if there was a username. But if you don't have the email yet then it's either in spam or perhaps you didn't register with an email.

Old 01-11-2024, 09:26 AM

65 posts, read 38,504 times
If you don’t have the email they said in the last letter they would mail out the physical application on the tenth. The online portion asked for: line 19 on your state taxes which is you income, a pic within six months of you and everyone listed on the app infront of a white background, drivers license copy of you and everyone on your app, name and email of you and everyone in household and their relation, and $250 non refundable fee. I think it said it was due by March first but don’t quote me on that.

Old 01-11-2024, 02:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,410 times
Will we be able to modify the household composition later after this initial application? At the time our lottery number is called? I imagine a lot can change in 3-5+ years!!

Old 01-11-2024, 03:23 PM

430 posts, read 505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangray View Post
Will we be able to modify the household composition later after this initial application? At the time our lottery number is called? I imagine a lot can change in 3-5+ years!!
Yes but if you change it so you can qualify for a different size apartment then you’ll be added to the end of that waiting list.

Old 01-12-2024, 09:30 AM

Two questions: What is the deadline for completing the application, and what forms of ID are accepted?

Old 01-12-2024, 10:19 AM

300 posts, read 211,903 times
How is everyone taking their picture? Just standing against a white wall and having someone take it?

Old 01-12-2024, 12:35 PM

9 posts, read 6,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Two questions: What is the deadline for completing the application, and what forms of ID are accepted?
Deadline to submit application & deposit is March 1, 2024.

NY State IDs are required - I saw NYS drivers license or NYS non-drivers identification listed. I believe two others are listed (maybe ID NYC)? I filled out my application yesterday and can’t recall, and the portal doesn’t let you see the full details of your submitted application, just the confirmation you sent it. But essentially passport wasn’t an option, I assume because of the state residency required.

Old 01-12-2024, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml12446 View Post
I currently live with my long-term boyfriend though we are not technically domestic partners or married. Should I list him as a household member since we would be moving in together, or should I list just myself since I would be the main purchaser?
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I would say yes.
Sorry for my ambiguous answer! I would say yes, list your boyfriend on the application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vida fron manhattan View Post
Deadline to submit application & deposit is March 1, 2024.

NY State IDs are required - I saw NYS drivers license or NYS non-drivers identification listed. I believe two others are listed (maybe ID NYC)? I filled out my application yesterday and can’t recall, and the portal doesn’t let you see the full details of your submitted application, just the confirmation you sent it. But essentially passport wasn’t an option, I assume because of the state residency required.
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery