Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2024, 05:37 AM

39 posts, read 17,244 times

Advertisements

Hello, I recently submitted my documents to a nice building in Manhattan. All my financials are good except for my debt that I currently have that is delinquent. The debt don't exceed 5k but my credit score decreased to like mid 500s. I am worried I might not get a call from the marketing agent or HPD with my low credit score. I also have a low log number in the double digits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2024, 07:05 AM

96 posts, read 63,289 times
You have the choice of submitting twelve months of consecutive on time rents payment instead of agreeing to credit check if you get to that point in the process .

Good Luck !

Old 01-01-2024, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTHERTHAN View Post
You have the choice of submitting twelve months of consecutive on time rents payment instead of agreeing to credit check if you get to that point in the process .

Good Luck !
Unfortunately, my name is not on the apartment I currently reside in so I can't sent them the rent statements even if I wanted to. It's under my father's name so I have to sent them an notarized letter of residence.

Old 01-01-2024, 08:38 AM

536 posts, read 421,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4mas_5376 View Post
Unfortunately, my name is not on the apartment I currently reside in so I can't sent them the rent statements even if I wanted to. It's under my father's name so I have to sent them an notarized letter of residence.
Do you pay your dad any rent or help with it. If you do and your bank statements support that then you can have your dad write you a notarized letter saying you live with him and you pay him x per month etc.

That would be far better than doing the credit review

Old 01-01-2024, 08:42 AM

If you contribute to the household have your father write you rent receipts and / or list in the notarized letter past twelve individual months of on time rent payments.
Hopefully your bank statements reflect the monthly amount paid to your father as further proof you paid X amount of dollars in rent . And the marketing agent and HPD accepts that in lieu of credit check. If that makes sense.

Old 01-01-2024, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Do you pay your dad any rent or help with it. If you do and your bank statements support that then you can have your dad write you a notarized letter saying you live with him and you pay him x per month etc.

That would be far better than doing the credit review
Yes, I sent them the notarized affidavit of residency from my dad and the latest rent statement. I also help pay the rent a bit too. It shows on my bank statements

Old 01-01-2024, 08:59 AM

Quote:
If you contribute to the household have your father write you rent receipts and / or list in the notarized letter past twelve individual months of on time rent payments.
Hopefully your bank statements reflect the monthly amount paid to your father as further proof you paid X amount of dollars in rent . And the marketing agent and HPD accepts that in lieu of credit check. If that makes sense.
The rent is actually paid to the housing landlord. In this case it's NYCHA. My father's name is on the lease so the rent that I help out to pay is pay to NYCHA. It shows on my bank account statements

Old 01-01-2024, 09:47 AM

Since you are paying NYCHA and your bank statements reflect that then that should be acceptable , you will have to explain that to the market agent if you get that far in the process .

Old 01-01-2024, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Since you are paying NYCHA and your bank statements reflect that then that should be acceptable , you will have to explain that to the market agent if you get that far in the process .
Let's hope they respond. Last time I sent them an message regarding a question they never replied back to my email.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: