Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 03:35 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,152,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkybumpkin View Post
[

Ahhh...I see...if you do the math on that it's really like she's making more like $14.24-15.62/hr which is a joke. Now I believe you. This makes sense.
Being a beautiful kiss ***** also helps. I've always considered myself extra friendly and helpful, but who the hell seriously gets up and cleans the place before they interview? That's just overkill.
Sorry..no offense.
Why wouldn't you believe me? Why on earth would I lie about something so ridiculous?

Overkill? It got her the position. How long have you been looking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 03:40 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,295,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

So THAT'S what you've gotta do to earn over $40K a year in an office from a craigslist ad job!
Duh! You really don't know the job market do you??

Old 06-16-2011, 05:53 PM

3,077 posts, read 5,512,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Why wouldn't you believe me? Why on earth would I lie about something so ridiculous?

Honestly, I've never heard of such a thing. Why would she get up and clean the conference room?? It's a bit strange, but hey, whatever works I guess.

I have a feeling they will taking advantage of this nice southern girl, overloading her with work, and stressing her out in no time. Why would a receptionist work 60+ hours per week?

Old 06-16-2011, 06:05 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,152,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Honestly, I've never heard of such a thing. Why would she get up and clean the conference room?? It's a bit strange, but hey, whatever works I guess.

I have a feeling they will taking advantage of this nice southern girl, overloading her with work, and stressing her out in no time. Why would a receptionist work 60+ hours per week?
Because it is more than a receptionist position. The company is a new one based in Geneva and this is their first US office. She isn't just answering phones.

Contrary to what some of you think, she isn't some country bumpkin. She is a Rhodes Scholar.

She's been around the block a few times.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:59 PM

1,090 posts, read 3,172,050 times
Quote:

I haven't needed to look lol. Look, I'm glad she got a job and if working 60+ hours a week for 45k is her cup of tea, so be it. I sure wouldn't lol.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Because it is more than a receptionist position. The company is a new one based in Geneva and this is their first US office. She isn't just answering phones.

Contrary to what some of you think, she isn't some country bumpkin. She is a Rhodes Scholar.

She's been around the block a few times.
Obviously not enough times, because people who have been around the block a time or two know better than to clean conference rooms during interviews and accept a 45k, 60hr/week job. I make better money than that and I'm not even finished with my Bachelors. I feel really sorry for her, but at the same time I really don't. She set herself up for that.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:41 PM

Wow 60 hrs a week for 45k...thats crazy.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofnyc View Post
Wow 60 hrs a week for 45k...thats crazy.
Other words that can describe it:

-pathetic
-hilarious
-pitiful
-amusing
-digusting
-ridiculous
-sh*tty

Old 06-16-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Other words that can describe it:

-pathetic
-hilarious
-pitiful
-amusing
-digusting
-ridiculous
-sh*tty
lol...I mean I'm not hating on the girl...more power to her, but I just hate seeing people being taken advantaged of like that.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,612,669 times
Quote:
Shoot that's all?!

A little bit of prostitution and YOU TOO can make a whopping 50k a year! Why didn't I think of that?
A hot girl with that sort of disposition could make $100k+ dancing on tables at the right place if you factor in the tips they don't claim, so yeah, $50k would be bit of an insult to put up with those two "pricks". Not mention have to push papers for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City