Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 07:18 PM

241 posts, read 591,751 times

Advertisements

Thanks.

No, I'm not right out of school. I'm in my early thirties.

Thanks for bringing perspective on the walk-up. I had always imagined that I can handle it. But I live in the rest of country where there are cars I think a few flights of stairs directly from a car vs a few flights of stairs after dragging the goods for a good few blocks (or more) may be two very different stories!

Thank you all for your contributions so far. It's been really helpful!

Last edited by yee8p; 05-22-2011 at 07:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 08:29 AM

18 posts, read 41,956 times
I just moved here in the fall. Same situation, early thirties, living alone. (No cats for me)

My criteria were short and sweet-

1. Clean building
2. Very close to subway
3. Dishwasher
4. A/C

I ended up in a great doorman building, but that wasn't high on my list. Just decide your "must haves" and your "wants" and give that list to your broker!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:33 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
What's on our lists can't help you with your list. Only you can decide what you need. It sounds as if you're not right out of school, so you presumably have lived on your own before and know what's important for you.

I agree with this statement.

I absolutely must have a washing machine and clothesline, ( and I do) can't live without either.

I could care less about a dishwasher.
I am on the 4th floor of a walk up. I don't find it a big deal packages, yeah can be a drudge, but what ever.... I'm strong...
We have the train at the corner as tons of stores.....

everyone has their own thing. Most of the people seem to have to have a dishwasher.....I personally cant imagine why, but then I have my own things I like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: