Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:12 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,809,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedisahellofadrug_ View Post
As qualified as you are to try and judge & disrespect me.
Hypocrite much?
Damn I must of missed it too bad, the water damage must have been great.
Get your head out of your a$$.
What of your post is worthy of respect?

You made a lot of UNQUALIFIED and unsupported comments, apparently based upon your personal bias.

Now, if you have some qualification and/or support for your biased spewings, I'm open to it.

Otherwise, your post is what is is, just a guy talking ahhh crap!

BTW, you strongly and negatively judged and disrespected the builder, the home owners of AVBS, and the entire neighborhood. So if you can dish it, then expect to be dished back.

So, ahhhh, who is the hypocrit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 10:55 AM

56 posts, read 124,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Most natives, that you have in mind, are racially prejudiced ignorant asses, who think and act with a euro descended provincial mindset manifesting itself into pure ethnic insularity.
As long as we're all righteously indignant about people giving their opinions, care to elaborate on how you know this?

Old 06-24-2011, 10:58 AM

346 posts, read 1,256,498 times
There are no rural areas in NYC. If you want rural, move upstate to the hudson valley area. You'll need a car, but you can take Metro North into the city.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:12 AM

34,008 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Lmao, feisty today aren't we?
It's one thing to get upset because I bad mouthed your neighborhood, but its another to disrespect someone you don't even know over the computer about something that had absolutely nothing to do with you. I'm almost 20 and I know that's a big no no. Come on Mr Firm you must be over half my age, where's the common sense?
I didn't have to go in any of them to know that they are cardboard boxes.
& I wasn't referring to the structual integrity of the homes when I mentioned street view.
I was speaking for the neighborhood in it self.
It "seemed" quite solid when you went in them but it "seemed" like cheap sh.it when I witnessed with my own pretty brown eyes 5 days a week/2 times a day how they were built when I either drove or took the Q22.
But allow me to apologize for offending you seeing as this thread is solely about you and your opinion.
My understanding was that we were all entitled to one.
& yes, weed is a hell of a drug, that's why I stay away from it.
Rawrr.
Nobody's upset...I'm just wondering how you were able to determine the "cheap" building methods of the contractor by merely driving through the area, or by Google Street views. Opinions are like a_ _ _ _ _ _ s, everybody has one. No big deal.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-24-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Are people even moving to those new homes being build in Arverne? Last I heard, most of them were still empty.
ABTS policy is to not start building the home until after closing....so this is impossible. Every house at ABTS that is fully built out is occupied. They are adhering to this policy to prevent the exact type of thing that you "heard" about.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
As qualified as you are to try and judge & disrespect me.
Hypocrite much?
Damn I must of missed it too bad, the water damage must have been great.
Get your head out of your a$$.
Actually the homes are built on 18" concrete slabs to prevent flooding. The last huge nor'easter virtually no flooding occured. I live in the area and pass by ABTS every day.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times
Staten Island gets pretty exurban'ish in certain areas, while still technically being within city limits. To the point where nobody would guess they were in New York City if you blindfolded and dropped them out in some greenbelt or pasture.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:23 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,809,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldStyleNo10 View Post
As long as we're all righteously indignant about people giving their opinions, care to elaborate on how you know this?
I'm not indignant regarding opinions, just baseless opinions; factually erroneous opinions; and, opinions based or majorily based upon racial bias.

Got a problem with that?

I "know this" in precisely the same manner as the poster knows where "most native NYers" wish not to live.

Is there anything in that regard unclear?

I wonder why you question my 'opinion', but not equally do you question hers?

The poster made a comment reeking of prejudice, and did so in the context of a presumptive majortity view point.

I do not disagree.

I simply defined rather precisely who that 'majority' is, and the basis of the prejudicial thought of such people.

I said nothing untrue.

I comprehend that while many surely find the poster's comments insulting, and many others will commensurately find my comments insulting, the reality is that both sentiments, the poster and mine, are accurate and truthful.

Sa la vie....

Old 06-24-2011, 02:40 PM

82 posts, read 175,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
What of your post is worthy of respect?

You made a lot of UNQUALIFIED and unsupported comments, apparently based upon your personal bias.

Now, if you have some qualification and/or support for your biased spewings, I'm open to it.

Otherwise, your post is what is is, just a guy talking ahhh crap!

BTW, you strongly and negatively judged and disrespected the builder, the home owners of AVBS, and the entire neighborhood. So if you can dish it, then expect to be dished back.

So, ahhhh, who is the hypocrit?
But your not qualified to say who should be saying what homeskillet.
You haven't served me any dish worth eating.
Did you build the homes? Are you the contractor? If not then s.t.f.u.
BTW
I'm not a guy.
Enough said.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:57 PM

82 posts, read 175,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Actually the homes are built on 18" concrete slabs to prevent flooding. The last huge nor'easter virtually no flooding occured. I live in the area and pass by ABTS every day.
Think of it as you want, I wouldn't take a chance.
I don't live there anymore so I suppose my opinion is useless.
I would not buy a house there if my life depended on it because that neighborhood blows and I don't trust the way the homes were built no matter how you try to convince me.
I can say that because I grew up there.
Your right, opinions are everywhere.
But don't bluntly call me a pothead over some stupid sh.it.
Mmkay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City