Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 10:54 PM

66 posts, read 272,061 times

Advertisements

I was recently offered an apartment in a Lower East Side development for low income working adults called "The Lee" via Common Ground. It is a brand new building located on the corner of Pitt and Houston. All of the units are TINY studios with kitchenettes and private baths. I've actually seen apartments that look worse, yet the rent was three times as much as the $665 a month I would be paying. My main concern is that many of the apartments are set aside for "former homeless" people. The building has a 24 hour attendent, security and cameras. It is much nicer where I am living now Uptown. I was wondering, if there were others who are familar with this concept, Common Ground or living at "The Lee." Any information would be helpful! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 6,758 times
i got offered the Lee apartment too. I might take it but i have no clue how big the space is.The Common Ground concept is new to me also. I just discovered it through a friend of mine who had won an apartment lottery through the government. Apparently, they're related somehow

Old 09-17-2011, 05:20 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,939 times
Hey can I get some references ? I'm looking to move near manhattan cuz of job.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:40 PM

1,409 posts, read 5,248,856 times
I volunteered at another Common Ground building, The Prince George, and it was incredibly well-run. A friend also had a wedding there in the ballroom and you would never know the building is supportive housing. I wouldn't hesitate to move into one of Common Ground's buildings.

Oh, I just remembered that I've also been in the Times Square. Not as nice as The Prince George, but still decent.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:05 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
TAKE IT.
You can always move out later.

This presumes you are not now living in a nice place at a low rent.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:28 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,927,870 times
I just hope you know that 80% of the residence is for homeless clients (which i just happened to have placed about 10 of my clients there!!) Hehehehehe!! So enjoy!!!

Old 12-31-2014, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,989 times
Did anyone decide to move into the Lee? I was recently offered an apartment and currently evaluating my options in the city. Any insights would help.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 3,149 times
This is the second time I was called for a breaking ground apartment I never received. I believe their are shady things going on at the Schermerhorn apartments, in bklyn. The leasing manager make you run around town, sending in documents. I've send in the same documents 3 different times. Was sent a letter stating that I received an apartment. That was in September. The leasing manager asked me to meet her at the Schermerhorn building to sign least, she never showed up. It is now November. I've been paying storage fees since Sept. gave up apartment based on acceptance letter I received. Leasing manager still asking for same documents I've already gave her. Once heard a rumor if you pay leasing manager under table at Schermerhorn you get the apartment. Based on my experience, must be true. If anyone else has had this experience, would love to hear from you. My next step is to contact HPD and Dept of homeless services. Thanks to Breaking laws AKA Breaking ground, I am now homeless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: