Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 8,074 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to the area right across from the Brooklyn museum at Washington ave & Lincoln Pl. I was trying to get a feel for the safety of the neighborhood. I thought it was Prospect Heights but I just found out it's actually considered crown heights which I've heard bad things about. Its right at the border so its hard for me to truly get a feel on statistics since I feel like most of the stats on crown heights are based further into it. Looking for any insight. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 12:20 PM

479 posts, read 1,442,483 times
It used to be a very bad neighborhood for decades, but these days upper class Blacks and Whites have been moving there. It depends how you feel, but is a mix area or new comers and old timers (many who are on rent control situation). It is better as crime is concern but I still be aware of it.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 8,074 times
Are there any particular cross streets to stay away from relative to that area. I heard Franklin was bad but I was there at night one time at a bar and I didn't see anything too strange. There was also a bunch of people (mainly white) walking around to this bar so it didn't seem like the scary ghost town that they say it is.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:13 AM

650 posts, read 2,516,876 times
Washington Ave is the border of the 2 areas, the Museum side of Lincoln should still technically count as PH.
Its ok over there. Not great but not really bad.
I was on Franklin this past week (going above Eastern Parkway), it seems it has changed a lot.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:58 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Some of the housing is quite beautiful but I've never gotten a handle on the neighborhood.
Seems better than it was 10 years ago.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:19 AM

34,009 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkhurricane View Post
I'm moving to the area right across from the Brooklyn museum at Washington ave & Lincoln Pl. I was trying to get a feel for the safety of the neighborhood. I thought it was Prospect Heights but I just found out it's actually considered crown heights which I've heard bad things about. Its right at the border so its hard for me to truly get a feel on statistics since I feel like most of the stats on crown heights are based further into it. Looking for any insight. Thanks
Still have to be careful very late at night, there's still drug dealing and gangs in the area. During the day, its near 2 major high schools and after school hours it can be rowdy in the area as classes let out.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: