Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 03:26 PM

84 posts, read 202,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearman View Post
What districts are you guys and gals doing your ojt in?
How are they treating you and are you enjoying it?

I did garage duties at BKS12. Very good group of guys. I changed tires, moved lots of stuff with the fork lift. Moved / drove spreader, collection truck, mech broom, fork lift. We did some inventory and tested the volume of fuel from the pump. what is that test called? Huffman Test?

Old 09-29-2011, 04:20 PM

116 posts, read 240,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Antonio 3## View Post
I did garage duties at BKS12. Very good group of guys. I changed tires, moved lots of stuff with the fork lift. Moved / drove spreader, collection truck, mech broom, fork lift. We did some inventory and tested the volume of fuel from the pump. what is that test called? Huffman Test?
How many nights is ojt?? The whole week? Then next week you are back at FBF again?

Old 09-29-2011, 04:30 PM

200 posts, read 576,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Antonio 3## View Post
That is correct, although it might be Hoffman or Huffman test i forget.
Test to make sure the fuel pump is calibrated correctly and pumping exactly what it says.
Its Good to hear you are having a good experience.
Most garages will take the new hires under their wing and watch out for them while they are on probation.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:29 PM

84 posts, read 202,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginBklyn View Post
How many nights is ojt?? The whole week? Then next week you are back at FBF again?
My garage duty was one day. Next week I will do 3 nights of ojt driving relays.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 PM

58 posts, read 106,385 times
When are you guys finding out what garages ya gonna be assigned to permanently!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 07:34 PM

30 posts, read 49,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan21 View Post
I just got "the call". FP is Monday the 3rd and I report to FBF on Oct 11th.
what number are you? im #153x and a few other numbers after and before me got called today saying oct was overbooked and got pulled out of the oct 3 fp date. They said we are def being rescheduled for the nov class and will be calling us back in mid oct with a new fp date. So im guessing you have an earlier number than us just passing your cdl road test this week.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:04 PM

176 posts, read 374,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat6gsxr View Post
When are you guys finding out what garages ya gonna be assigned to permanently!!!

Most likely they will probably find out on the 6th, 7th is the latest. Teletypes hit the districts about the same time too. Supv. transfers & Supv. newly reappointed hit the districts today & are effective this coming Sunday.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:28 PM

54 posts, read 95,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusDSNY View Post
what number are you? im #153x and a few other numbers after and before me got called today saying oct was overbooked and got pulled out of the oct 3 fp date. They said we are def being rescheduled for the nov class and will be calling us back in mid oct with a new fp date. So im guessing you have an earlier number than us just passing your cdl road test this week.
This sucks , I wonder what # they are going to reach for nov class

Old 09-29-2011, 11:38 PM

7 posts, read 11,806 times
Lmfao....this is commin from a guy who was in a construction union and has 9 months on the job...if you ever had a real job where you worked another job before this one you'll love the dsny...don't listen to these crybaby's its a great job!!! Put your time in and your golden!!!

Old 09-30-2011, 07:18 AM

3 posts, read 6,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusDSNY View Post
I have a question...if the october class is already full and I'm scheduled for the CDL class at FBF for mid Oct and I don't get called for the November class...how do I pay back the cost for the CDL class? Do they book up these classes without having enough spots to offer jobs?? My number is not as low as some of these other guys who already have their CDL's or who will be passing their CDL soon.
Plus I'm pretty much getting fired from my current job for needing another week off to take the class. I just had to take the time off for the Pre employment and the Medical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City