Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:45 AM

106,938 posts, read 109,196,656 times
my son went through the entire process right up to the final stages and interviews before entering the acadamy. it is going on 2 years now and still not called .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 11:11 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,077,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
my son went through the entire process right up to the final stages and interviews before entering the acadamy. it is going on 2 years now and still not called .
Ever since the economic downturn during the past 4 years which hit private sector jobs real hard many residents are now taking it up to apply for civil servant jobs. I know of people who are still on call for the job after a year or two from completing all steps of the process to become an NYPD officer. Prior to the economic downturn if you completed all the steps, had decent bill of health and mentally sane, fair credit score and a gpa of 2.0 or higher with 60 credits a cadinidate was good to go. Its not only NYPD that is backed up with hiring, I know of people who applied to MTA and DSNY went to the processing and nothing, I spoke ot one guy who is waiting for the MTA to send him a letter saying he will be hired.

I got turned by the NYPD after completing all the processing steps, that lady at the psych department made a last minute choice to turn me down, nothing that my investigator could do, I was even assigned to a squad. Not only that but the desicion the NYPD made also affects me of gaining employment by other city agencies, however every 4 years I was told the NYPD dumps applicant/canididate files. I was told to try again. I wish your son luck Mathjack. Me personally I gave up my dream of becoming a cop, not really, I just recently applied to the MTAPD which is having an exam this year. So far I have been a couple of interviews by the NYS court and the DA office instead of trying to become a cop. But goodluck to anyone who gets called, a job is a job, with all these young Transplants coming to NYC looking for work its only gonna get harder to find a job in this city unless one chooses to leave or die.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:21 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,730,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Its pretty easy. I passed mines in 3 Mins. The hardest part is vaulting the chain linked fence.
It looks extremely easy. I was just wondering if there is a reason why he was jogging lightly instead of actually running through the course. If I were to be doing the test I would want to out score my fellow test takes to have a better chance of being called back.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,077,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnayyy View Post
It looks extremely easy. I was just wondering if there is a reason why he was jogging lightly instead of actually running through the course. If I were to be doing the test I would want to out score my fellow test takes to have a better chance of being called back.
Also note when your taking the JST they add a ten pound bullet proof vest on to your chest making it a bit difficult in running the course, the ten pound vest is designed to simulate the wieght an average officer carries during a certain situation like running the JST course.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:37 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,881,177 times
Passed the medical

Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM

Are the questions easy on the psych test? I have a question. I don't drink all the time but sometimes on occasions . Now do I tell them that I do drink only on occasions or should I tell them I don't drink at all?

Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,928,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Are the questions easy on the psych test? I have a question. I don't drink all the time but sometimes on occasions . Now do I tell them that I do drink only on occasions or should I tell them I don't drink at all?
I would tell them I don't drink at all. If you only drink on rare occasions it shouldn't matter, and if you have to stop completely it shouldn't be difficult.

A guy I know answered yes when they asked if he was suicidal. Why would you answer yes to a question like that if you wanna join the NYPD in the first place?

Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 PM

19,078 posts, read 14,021,445 times
You don't drink.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I would tell them I don't drink at all. If you only drink on rare occasions it shouldn't matter, and if you have to stop completely it shouldn't be difficult.

A guy I know answered yes when they asked if he was suicidal. Why would you answer yes to a question like that if you wanna join the NYPD in the first place?
Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
You don't drink.
Thanks. I drink once in a blue. Even when I go out to bars, I drink water while my friends drink lol.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:37 AM

1 more week until I take the physchological test =()
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City