Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,169 times

Advertisements

hey everyone
I'm moving to the bronx from july to start a residency at bronx lebanon hospital. I will be moving with my wife, we are actually moving from the Caribbean for the duration of the residency so the entire eus experinece is brand new. We have applied for housing at the hospital located at 1650 grand concourse, but we are still open for living nearby if we can find safe, relatively affordabe places nearby ( 1000-1200/mth approx). any suggestions for places nearby, or suggestions for moving to the bronx in general? as it will be our first time living in the us, we would like to have things nearby (groceries, laundy even a gym if possibe) and we also need to furnish our place, any advice on how to go about doing this?

thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 01:15 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,127,761 times
You might be better off asking in the NYC forum instead of the general NY forum.

In any case, the area around the hospital isn't the greatest. You'll probably be better off further up along the (D) line in either Bedford Park or Norwood. I think the area by Fort Independence Park is alright as well (you could take the Bx1/Bx2 buses directly to work, or transfer to the (B)(D) trains to speed the trip up)

Old 05-07-2012, 06:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,169 times
thanks for the advice, i'll try in the nyc forum

Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,127,760 times
Maybe try this thread. It's a few years old but along the same lines as what you are asking.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...live-near.html

Old 10-18-2013, 12:47 PM

3 posts, read 4,531 times
I live close to that hospital. The area in the grand concourse during these times is definately not safe. You would be better of in places like baychester, eastchester, wakefield and the like. As for furniture, it depends what kind of furniture you want. If you want inexpensive start off furniture, go to Lefty's on 138th street between St. Ann and Brook, he is a decent person and will help you out with whatever you need, without ripping you off. If you want fancy upbeat furniture, then I suggest you look for places that are in malls such as co op city and/or close to the pelham bay area, where they won't rip you off and you will get the quality that you want. I hope that this helps you some.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:21 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,735 times
OMG...you will survive GCC!! If you like nice and updated try 1700 GCC "The Capri" managed by Goldfarb Properties. I would have suggested 1770 GCC b/c for years thats where a lot of the RNs MDs and residents rented but I heard the building was bought over and all bx leb employees that were residing there had to move out. Not sure if the clinics there will still remain open tho. If not ask a fellow coworker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City