Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 11:19 AM

156 posts, read 250,802 times

Advertisements

Did anyone mention when final process will be?

Old 07-17-2013, 11:37 AM

49 posts, read 76,392 times
Just got in from pre-o today...39 of 75 showed(great stats for you future brothers further down list!) 3 were sent home=36. As of yest they had 53 people with CDLs,not including today. Im sure todays cdl totals were not more than 20. Our med dates are 7/23 and 7/24 from what i saw. Hey Grins...thanks for meds info as far as xrays and hearing...thats the info ive been askin for. Another possible piece of good news for you guys further down the list...she mentioned the chance the list will be extended another yr!

Old 07-17-2013, 11:39 AM

308 posts, read 517,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornreeady View Post
Did anyone mention when final process will be?
Final processing will start about 10 days prior to the class going in she said. And no set date for sept class. Approx 6 weeks from the first class was her guess

Old 07-17-2013, 12:07 PM

Ok so now I don't think I have a chance for the first class. A lot of guys will get their cdl's by then.

Last edited by Bornreeady; 07-17-2013 at 12:32 PM..

Old 07-17-2013, 12:52 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobigorgohome View Post
Haha that's hilarious!!!it all depends on what district u guys go to if they stay out then I stay out if they run and dump guess what your running and dumping don't go in wanting to change things u will get a bad rep real quick just go with the flow...get some time on the job before u decide u wanna be a hero
they need to work at the pace they're comfortable with, they are just starting the job. cycling the hopper is a chore for new folks.

stop the fear tactics they won't "get a bad rep" for not being able to keep up with an established sanman within their first 30 days...

everyone reading this when you encounter a foreman like this guy just keep your mouth shut and nod your head. every question they ask is a gotchya question and nothing they say is accurate. remember just nod and s-t-f-u.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:57 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornreeady View Post
Ok so now I don't think I have a chance for the first class. A lot of guys will get their cdl's by then.
do you have yours? if you do you'll sneak into that class because people will fail their road test.

when I got the phone call from HR asking "are you still interested?" was approx. 2 weeks before my appointment date.

my list # shouldn't have made class #1 off this list but I had that CDL locked in.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:24 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
do you have yours? if you do you'll sneak into that class because people will fail their road test.

when I got the phone call from HR asking "are you still interested?" was approx. 2 weeks before my appointment date.

my list # shouldn't have made class #1 off this list but I had that CDL locked in.
Hmmm if I Make the 1st class that would be great cause I get to start the rest of my life a month sooner,
If I make the 2nd class that would be great cause then I still get to get the job I'm dying for, AND I don't get screwed on my birthday vegas trip that's already Booked and non refundable lol
I'd take anything at this point as long as I get on!!! GOOD luck to everyone going through the process, be smart , be early, and he over prepared for everything! Don't give them any reason to keep you out of a class!!!
299x CDL in hand, most likely 2nd class.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post

Yes I do have my cdl. I understand that anything can happen. I have my fingers crossed.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:44 PM

91 posts, read 158,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobigorgohome View Post
Haha that's hilarious!!!it all depends on what district u guys go to if they stay out then I stay out if they run and dump guess what your running and dumping don't go in wanting to change things u will get a bad rep real quick just go with the flow...get some time on the job before u decide u wanna be a hero
Say that after you blow ur back out running up a 22ton route

Old 07-17-2013, 02:01 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox0999 View Post
While ur on probation work are a pace that's good for you don't run just because ur with a guy that's got alot of time on, don't get urself hurt. And if ur sick go sick! They will not extend you for going sick once for a day or two. They try and scare the **** out of you at FBF, safety guy will bang you for no seat belt if ur not on the route. But for the most part they look out for you while ur on probation, have a good reputation in ur garage and they will protect you. Good luck

I went legit sick two times for five days total on probation. I made it through with no extension. Buddy did similar with an emergency...still cleared. Just don't be late or AWOL

If you have to go LODI..do it...but many did get extended for it. But extension is not the end of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City