Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 03:43 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,018 times

Advertisements

Give em hell brother lol. FBF is a good gig, but not for me. I like teaching the new jacks and get to rest the body at the same time but I love working a route too much. Gotta make the money while you can. I will get my hands on them soon enough, show them what 13 tons is like for a month. Then they can go play on baskets and relays 12-8 after 30 days of dayline.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:55 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Give em hell brother lol. FBF is a good gig, but not for me. I like teaching the new jacks and get to rest the body at the same time but I love working a route too much. Gotta make the money while you can. I will get my hands on them soon enough, show them what 13 tons is like for a month. Then they can go play on baskets and relays 12-8 after 30 days of dayline.

13 tons?

Most of these new jacks are Bronx West bound....they're gonna find out what 20 tons a day is like for 30 days lol.

Then they're gonna meet everyone's favorite bird. The majestic and feared Round Robin.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:39 PM

156 posts, read 250,769 times
U guys have a lot of jokes lol. I guess we have to pay our dues. Bring it on hoooorahhhhhh

Old 07-16-2013, 05:40 PM

Gave you rep for that one. But, I think you might agree doing 20 tons all flats vs 13 death march is alil different. Granted, the way we do it Im out there all day taking my breaks and working smart so it lessens the blow. Running routes like that is where you get hurt and safety goes out the window. Brass talks about safety and "wear your vests" yet they love when you run, work both sides and get it done whatever it takes. F*ck that...do one side at a time and make sure you and your partner get back in one piece. 99% of the time the route is clean, so whats the difference? Dump money? They can keep it. Relay guys need shifts too...JUST MY OPINION

Old 07-16-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornreeady View Post
U guys have a lot of jokes lol. I guess we have to pay our dues. Bring it on hoooorahhhhhh

You have no idea what your in for LOL. But seriously, we were in your shoes and know what your thinking. This is a great time for you right now, the anticipation, the relief of finally getting on. This is all the hardest **** your going to do do....waiting to get on sucks, the medical stuff sucks, the paperwork sucks.

You will learn a few things at FBF and OJT, but when you graduate and get to your districts within 1 week you will learn a hell of alot more then you imagined. There is nothing like experience and it will come fast, but just when you think you know everything guess what? You still wont know sh*t , thats how the job is.

You mentioned paying your dues, exactly. Get used to hearing "get some time on" its pretty much something you will hear even after 15 years on,and "they can do that", you will understand soon enough. I know you been waiting for awhile, it will all be worth it...

Old 07-16-2013, 05:57 PM

184 posts, read 338,881 times
Then they're gonna meet everyone's favorite bird. The majestic and feared Round Robin.....hahahahahahaaha now that's clever and rather humorous

Old 07-16-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Gave you rep for that one. But, I think you might agree doing 20 tons all flats vs 13 death march is alil different. Granted, the way we do it Im out there all day taking my breaks and working smart so it lessens the blow. Running routes like that is where you get hurt and safety goes out the window. Brass talks about safety and "wear your vests" yet they love when you run, work both sides and get it done whatever it takes. F*ck that...do one side at a time and make sure you and your partner get back in one piece. 99% of the time the route is clean, so whats the difference? Dump money? They can keep it. Relay guys need shifts too...JUST MY OPINION

Sadly only Bronx 4 seemed to stay all flats. Others mixed in just enough house to house to be annoying lol

There's a Brooklyn garage that's always short and Manhattan needs guys....but those might be fixed in transfers. Meanwhile I know two Bronx garages filled with guys putting in transfers....I hope the new guys know the western part of the Bronx and northern Manhattan lol

Old 07-16-2013, 06:04 PM

156 posts, read 250,769 times
Thank you for enlightning me about the job. Pretty soon I will experience everything that u mentioned. I'm just waiting my turn. U are absolutely correct. Waiting is hard to deal with!

Old 07-16-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
You have no idea what your in for LOL. But seriously, we were in your shoes and know what your thinking. This is a great time for you right now, the anticipation, the relief of finally getting on. This is all the hardest **** your going to do do....waiting to get on sucks, the medical stuff sucks, the paperwork sucks.

You will learn a few things at FBF and OJT, but when you graduate and get to your districts within 1 week you will learn a hell of alot more then you imagined. There is nothing like experience and it will come fast, but just when you think you know everything guess what? You still wont know sh*t , thats how the job is.

You mentioned paying your dues, exactly. Get used to hearing "get some time on" its pretty much something you will hear even after 15 years on,and "they can do that", you will understand soon enough. I know you been waiting for awhile, it will all be worth it...

FBF is paperwork and familiarizing you with machines. As this poster said...first week in your distinct you will learn more. Second week after nerves and newness settle...you'll really learn a lot.

On day 31 when you're all alone or suddenly with another new jack at night...you'll learn even more. No two districts are quite the same, so learn yours and don't get involved with disputes in others.

You ever learn how to do something by never doing it? No...so drive the truck lol. Only way to get good. Probation is going to suck...flat out. Every thing you do you're gonna fear firing. Show up on time and do your best and you'll all be good.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornreeady View Post
Thank you for enlightning me about the job. Pretty soon I will experience everything that u mentioned. I'm just waiting my turn. U are absolutely correct. Waiting is hard to deal with!

Once you get on you'll laugh about how hard this part was. The job is...get up on time, get to work on time ...then either.....pick stuff up or drive stuff. Maybe wash something. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.