Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 03:42 PM

308 posts, read 517,844 times

Advertisements

Did anyone ask for the exact dates for the second and third classes.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:18 PM

116 posts, read 240,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyclicks View Post
Did anyone ask for the exact dates for the second and third classes.
If the first class starts 8/19 it ends 9/13. So the 2nd class should start 9/16. And so on.... they usually follow each other. One class ends on Friday, the next class starts on Monday. It's gone that way all along.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:10 PM

308 posts, read 517,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginBklyn View Post
If the first class starts 8/19 it ends 9/13. So the 2nd class should start 9/16. And so on.... they usually follow each other. One class ends on Friday, the next class starts on Monday. It's gone that way all along.
Thanks. I thought the classes were 3 weeks with a week off in between. The reason I was asking for an official start date was for timing to possibly have to resign current job. That's a tricky dance in itself

Old 07-13-2013, 06:48 PM

91 posts, read 158,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobigorgohome View Post
congrats on u new guys getting hired I can't wait to have u guys by the balls for a year and a half then after become lazy scum best job in the world always remember that when your on mlp picking up dog **** and yes I will come and observe u work!!!!!
Good luck finding us

Old 07-13-2013, 07:16 PM

51 posts, read 76,297 times
Do they send out pre o letters in 3cycles due to 3 classes ?

Old 07-14-2013, 01:07 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobigorgohome View Post
congrats on u new guys getting hired I can't wait to have u guys by the balls for a year and a half then after become lazy scum best job in the world always remember that when your on mlp picking up dog **** and yes I will come and observe u work!!!!!
Lazy scum, that's funny. I love brass like you, we can make or break you yet you still don't get it. It's really not our fault you couldn't cut it behind the truck. Men actually WORK, you driving a little Prius around and trying to bark "orders" is just strange in a fetish sort of way. Remember, the city doesn't need all of you but they do need all of us. We can call a route clean as well as you can, and you don't really write tickets anymore since it's too much work to get out of a car right? So other then a garage foreman, what do we need you for again? The men drive the district everyday, we speak to the people,we know more then you about what's out there. Instead of working with us you work against us. Good luck with the sections, you a******* already proved you can get things done with less. The city just might win that appeal...

Old 07-14-2013, 08:55 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,609 times
Quote:
Thanks. I thought the classes were 3 weeks with a week off in between. The reason I was asking for an official start date was for timing to possibly have to resign current job. That's a tricky dance in itself
Classes are technically 4 weeks long. That last week is often OJTs for everyone but there'll be some group still at FBF doing something they didn't get to like FEL or MB

Old 07-14-2013, 12:18 PM

733 posts, read 1,164,699 times
Quote:
Don't resign until hr tells you to they'll tell you that at orientation

Old 07-14-2013, 12:32 PM

176 posts, read 374,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginBklyn View Post
The 1st class may go an extra day due to Labor Day holiday. It will be likewise for all other classes with holidays during training sessions, unless they change the training schedule to accommodate them.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:49 AM

228 posts, read 338,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Lazy scum, that's funny. I love brass like you, we can make or break you yet you still don't get it. It's really not our fault you couldn't cut it behind the truck. Men actually WORK, you driving a little Prius around and trying to bark "orders" is just strange in a fetish sort of way. Remember, the city doesn't need all of you but they do need all of us. We can call a route clean as well as you can, and you don't really write tickets anymore since it's too much work to get out of a car right? So other then a garage foreman, what do we need you for again? The men drive the district everyday, we speak to the people,we know more then you about what's out there. Instead of working with us you work against us. Good luck with the sections, you a******* already proved you can get things done with less. The city just might win that appeal...
for your information I did 10 years behind the truck probably more time then u got on the job....90%of the men on this job do the right thing it's the 10% slackers that don't even want to do their job I'm talking about....and I don't know what district your in but where I'm from supervisors and sanmen work together I never look to hurt anyone as long as your out there working..I'm
Sure at one time in your career u needed a favor from a boss cut out early etc..one hand washes the other on this job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City