Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 03:34 PM

733 posts, read 1,164,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBABY2785 View Post
All you new guys are ****ed. You all are going to the south bronx and will be doing twenty plus tons with me That's not a rumor it's the truth!
Who cares ...just pay me, they can send me to South Carolina doing 90 tons just pay this man

Old 07-10-2013, 03:42 PM

473 posts, read 932,183 times
The first class from 6063 hit 5 years complete on July 6. As of July 7 we started our sixth year and are getting longevity pay. This list has been going for a long time. For any of you guys waiting and don't get called you need to do better on the next exam! This list showed us all that every point counts and a few wrong can mean never getting hired. Good luck to all of you guys getting called.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:18 PM

91 posts, read 158,848 times
Quote:
All you new guys are ****ed. You all are going to the south bronx and will be doing twenty plus tons with me That's not a rumor it's the truth!
There going to manhattan, **** that two truck bull****

Old 07-10-2013, 05:09 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,837 times
The Bronx and Manhattan are going to get the bulk as usual. Don't get upset if you go there, there is money to be made which will help you in the beginning. A lot of junior men make the truck there so it's not the end of the world. But I foresee a lot of baskets and mlp in your futures regardless where you go. We all had to do it at some point so don't get discouraged. This truly is the best job in the city, let nobody tell you different.

Your hooks can only help you so much, you may avoid the Bronx but don't expect close to home prime districts either.Transfers always get first choice (although the magic phone call does mysteriously happen on occasion) That being said, it has been mentioned many times in these forums, don't flaunt who you know, how big your hook is, or how tough you are .Guys on this job make quick judgement on your character and your rep follows you everywhere. If your a f***ing dick, everyone will know it. And guess what, don't be surprised if your called on it. One thing about this job is you have no idea who the person next to you is. In other words, learn to take a joke, have fun and build friendships. Too many guys on this job take things too seriously. It's just garbage!

A good partner can make or break the day, so don't be a d*ck. It's hard work but it's rewarding, make each day a good one. You guys are very lucky to get on, hopefully you will realize it soon enough. Nothing better then the sun coming up on a beautiful day, having coffee and a bunch of laughs with your partner, saying good morning to the old ladies or getting smiled at by hot MILFs, helping the old man put his pales back, or waving to the little kids on your route and putting a smile on their faces. Working like gentlemen. Sure it's heavy, sure it's hard work but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:52 PM

733 posts, read 1,164,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
The first class from 6063 hit 5 years complete on July 6. As of July 7 we started our sixth year and are getting longevity pay. This list has been going for a long time. For any of you guys waiting and don't get called you need to do better on the next exam! This list showed us all that every point counts and a few wrong can mean never getting hired. Good luck to all of you guys getting called.
Wow that's crazy you guys are at top pay and there's still people getting called from the same list , the freeze had a lot to do with it too but sheesh

Old 07-10-2013, 05:55 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,077 times
Quote:

Unless you're out of town on a paper recycling route and the loader keeps you out all day cause.... the hell with Jackson and forest

Old 07-10-2013, 07:05 PM

176 posts, read 374,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyblack View Post
Wow that's crazy you guys are at top pay and there's still people getting called from the same list , the freeze had a lot to do with it too but sheesh
Actually they still have 6 months to go before that goal. Yearly raises are 6 months after hire date, then every year after that 6th month to 5 1/2 years.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:25 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,052 times
January 7th we hit top pay.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:51 PM

308 posts, read 517,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyblack View Post
Who cares ...just pay me, they can send me to South Carolina doing 90 tons just pay this man
Mmm. South Carolina roaches! I'm with ya!

Old 07-11-2013, 01:31 AM

156 posts, read 250,725 times
Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.