Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 01:36 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revis Island View Post
Did I say that? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't. I'm not going to take opinions from someone who probably hasn't even been to NYC before. Anon1 exposed you on one of my previous threads.
Yeah, you're right. I've never been to NYC and really know nothing about it. You caught me!

I'm really a midwesterner playing a New Yorker.

Good call!

Guiliani STILL won't become Mayor again.

ETA: You seem to have a "thing" for NYC projects and their bad neighborhoods. I only posted in ONE of your threads regarding this, but they're always the same thing. Comparing Chicago projects to NYC projects and which is (or was) more disgusting. Your posts ALWAYS seem to want it to be NYC, even though Chitown's projects made NY's projects resemble a christian day camp.

Like seriously, YOU said you used to come to NYC all the time. Did you ever visit the projects or did you just stay in Bayside or Bensonhurst (or wherever your family lived) when you came to visit?

What is with you and NYC's projects? Why the fascination?

Last edited by marilyn220; 11-20-2012 at 01:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 PM

398 posts, read 1,392,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Yeah, you're right. I've never been to NYC and really know nothing about it. You caught me!

Good call!

ETA: You seem to have a "thing" for NYC projects and their bad neighborhoods. I only posted in ONE of your threads regarding this, but they're always the same thing. Comparing Chicago projects to NYC projects and which is (or was) more disgusting. Your posts ALWAYS seem to want it to be NYC, even though Chitown's projects made NY's projects resemble a christian day camp.

Like seriously, YOU said you used to come to NYC all the time. Did you ever visit the projects or did you just stay in Bayside or Bensonhurst (or wherever your family lived) when you came to visit?

The projects were a big root of crime back then. So making sure the projects are not as bad is going to help the city. And I've never lived in the projects but I know of some really bad ones. At least from what people have said about them. I didn't stay in Bensonhurst, I've been all over NYC. I just knew my way around bad neighborhoods and didnt go looking for trouble. You said NYC wasn't that bad back during the crack epidemic.... That's all I have to say about you not being knowledgable about NYC. When did I say Giuliani was going to be mayor again? I never did.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:

Good call!

And I said chicagos was worse. But it's hard to compare both because they are structurally built differently. NYC had much more projects while Chicago has(had) very few projects but chicagos covered a lot more room than NYC and with projects like Cabrini and Robert Taylor homes, chicagos were bigger than most of NYC projects. So it's hard to compare. I've seen both Cabrini and robert Taylor homes when I visited Chicago. I've seen NYC projects numerous times.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
The projects were a big root of crime back then. So making sure the projects are not as bad is going to help the city. And I've never lived in the projects but I know of some really bad ones. At least from what people have said about them. I didn't stay in Bensonhurst, I've been all over NYC. I just knew my way around bad neighborhoods and didnt go looking for trouble. You said NYC wasn't that bad back during the crack epidemic.... That's all I have to say about you not being knowledgable about NYC. When did I say Giuliani was going to be mayor again? I never did.
It wasn't as bad as Chicago and it wasn't all over the city in every housing project either.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
It wasn't as bad as Chicago and it wasn't all over the city in every housing project either.
Again. You obviously never lived through it. NYC was a lot worse than Chicago during that time period. Your the one who said that it wasn't that bad at all just exaggerated. Which is just pure ignorance in my opinion.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Crack hit NYC way harder than Chicago. Chicago didnt even get hit that hard compared to NYC, Baltimore, and DC

Old 11-20-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Again. You obviously never lived through it. NYC was a lot worse than Chicago during that time period. Your the one who said that it wasn't that bad at all just exaggerated. Which is just pure ignorance in my opinion.
Quote:
Crack hit NYC way harder than Chicago. Chicago didnt even get hit that hard compared to NYC, Baltimore, and DC
Okay.

Do you plan on moving back to NYC? Is this why you keep asking all these questions about the projects?

Old 11-20-2012, 02:32 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,312,494 times
Quote:
How do YOU know?

Seriously?

Were you a connoiseur of crack, travelling the country doing the "crack circuit" or something and comparing all the areas throughout the USA?

Old 11-20-2012, 02:34 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,407,485 times
I wonder what it would be like if whites
had to go through what blacks have to
deal with one day.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
How do YOU know?

Seriously?

Were you a connoiseur of crack, travelling the country doing the "crack circuit" or something and comparing all the areas throughout the USA?
Researchers found that the cities with the worst problems were NYC, Baltimore, DC, LA, Philadelphia, oakland, Seattle, San Diego, Boston and San Francisco. That's how I know for a fact that NYC got hot hard and plus I grew up during that time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City