Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 08:00 AM

804 posts, read 546,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
and when the parents fail the only answer is the Military where you are molded to the best that you can be.
The only answer is not military.

Military breaks people down and literally brainwashes them ( these are words that came from recent people in my grouping ). Many people who do serve in the military do not carry weapons. Positions that is not going to give anybody a million dollar house anytime soon. Positions that are not useful when looking for a regular job. Same could be said about college students who have miles of experience but lacks actually holding a position for six months or longer or the lingo in itself.

I have a cousin in the military. He graduated with journalism but the only reason why he joined is because he did not want to go back home with his mother sleeping with a guy who is not his father. They have him stationed in another nation ( because he learned that language skill ).

I have another cousin-in-law in the military. I ask what he was doing before that? He can not give me a clear answer. He makes a big salary but yet he is doubtful about his life and pretends it never happen at all. I feel him. His mother left my uncle and .............she is just selfish. Like my other cousin that is the only way out.

The majority of people I see returning from the military even if they are an officer class ( fancy suits and all ) do not have any real direction at all. I also see many who do not take advantage of programs and job placements targeted at military both young and old.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........

The military does not make you the best of anything at all. You might be healthy and have money in your pockets but that is not going to give anybody directions for the road-map of life. The streets are lined with homeless military people.

If I joined the military right now I would probably become a serial killer when I came back home.

Their are good people in the military who do return and honestly many of them are broken inside returning home. Going through PTSD or having un-loyal girlfriends ( you have to turn your head for that one ) they burnt money on. I have ran into at least maybe one good example of a positive military outcome for a black man. However he is also a guy who works out ( before the military ) and was into whatever ( before the military ). The military only helped in his position making him the ideal candidate.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........

Anybody who says "Military is ultimate answer" has got to have no life at all. Nothing up their ticking. I am not saying not to join the military. I am saying "That is not where the story ends or begins"

If any minority ( from any grouping ) joins the military they should disown their family, change their name and strategically associate with them ( their families ). It is a slap in the face to all knowledge and ability if you keep gambling "military will save you" mentality.

I have an uncle who was in the military but he is what is called a career convict. He was an ex-sportsman, ex-lawyer, What saves him is that his mother is too blind to see that her son is wrong and do not want fight their own brother ( because it is your family member. That is the only that saved him is a defenseless woman.

Old 10-22-2019, 09:16 AM

201 posts, read 85,241 times
I am still not seeing the argument. I do not see any Latinos on the streets begging.

I am at Pret a Manger and see they are a PoC-only hiring business. It is all blacks and latino making at least $15 per hour. One employee just sat next to me he is on lunch break with a nice shiny iPhone, and iPhone earbuds. He is eating a free lunch from Pret. To me that is not struggling. I go to Pret often, and they strictly only hire PoC.

To make $15 per hour at their age, honestly, in the past since I am really aggressive about employment and making money, I would have killed one of them to take their job. It is a huge privilege to make that much. $15 per hour is enough to survive on.

Okay so they came from the hood and they have abusive families, but abusive families occur in all socioeconomic levels. It is not just for them.

With college, the colleges bend over backwards for them now. The financial aid departments are basically PoC-only where they will go out of their way to assist PoC and regardless of really strong academic students, they hire because of their skin color and then cry about how they are oppressed for their skin color. It is really pathetic and not helping PoC much in the end. The financial aid departments just block out anybody who is not a PoC and they get away with because the entire administration is PoC who all hate and laugh about how easy non-PoC have it. But it is no longer true.

Here comes another Pret employee who sat down, with a tattoo sleeve. How much did that cost? If they are so poor, where did they get the money for the sleeve? He is also wearing Jordan shoes. And eating a giant thing of food, like 2 meals.

What you people are saying makes no sense to me. I see the most spoiled and best taken care of kids I have ever seen in my life. They are on easy street. The world has gone out of their way to lift up PoC while putting others to the back of the line.

I can go to Whole Foods, same thing, it is almost all PoC who work there. I can go to the NYPL and it is almost all PoC. If there is a white person it is a frail old white guy, or a wimpy white boy, or a gay white kid. They have gone out of their way to exclude straight white men.

I am simply not seeing what you guys are. If I go to Bryant Park, there are two white women who eat out of the garbage cans there regularly. I see all the booths with coffee shops with PoC and they make a minimum of $15 per hour. Anybody who says they can not live on $15 per hour probably has Jordan shoes and iPhone ear buds. I am not seeing it at all.

I see the most spoiled generation. They all have the clothes they want, the glasses they want, the phones they want. They go to college.

If I was Latino in a hood, yeah, go into the military. It is a better lot in life than filling out thousands (and I mean Thousands) of job applications and never getting hired because of your skin color. Just go into the military. A lot of people who say the military isn't that great, probably have never been on the streets. They probably have jobs that sustain themselves. They probably have real estate they own. They sit comfy with their kids and married partners. They come from different worlds economically.

Today I saw a white guy with blood all over himself. Beat up. Probably a broken down crack head or junky in the hood. Busted face. Blood all over the arms. It wasn't a PoC who was all bloody. I'm not seeing it.

A lot of people here are spoiled brats.

Old 10-22-2019, 09:33 AM

46 posts, read 22,633 times
better question, who cares?

Old 10-22-2019, 11:22 AM

804 posts, read 546,422 times
I am still not seeing the argument. I do not see any Latinos on the streets begging.

"Pret a manager" food services like those koisks you mentioned.

PoC-only ( Blacks ) hiring business....

Most of those people are former homeless, students, people in Public Assistance, or young employees gaining experience being seasoned into retail work. They might be making $15 per hour but the expenses and taxes all are up as well. They target them because they do not have any speciality or skills ( like acting, modeling, painting, dancing ) and because they are unwanted in terms of the type of consumers ( Jews, migrating tourists, hollywood types, directors, plays, etc ). Most will probably take the jobs that nobody would take ( doctors, lawyer-X, etc etc and you will not see anything from them.

Their plan is to raise consumers and keep them in the consumer mindset and never allow them to see the world for what it is. They are being treated ( seasoned ) as ROBOTS.

Can they speak Germany, Italian, Russian, Yetis, Hebrew. They do not know the lingo or dress-codes at all. All they know is how to be a good worker / SLAVE. I did hard cold work too saying "Yes sir", "no sir" and other brown-nosing "300" "Game of thrones" drama mentality before. That is what they are breaded into.

"a nice shiny iPhone",

I know a guy in college. He told me how he pays like $200 a month for the phone and service together. I said man why? He wanted it. That is a common thing.

"He is eating a free lunch from Pret"

He has a right to free lunch as I have one if I was on set with a coffee food server.

"they strictly only hire PoC"

Because they know some moron got somebody pregnant and they know they need work experience of some sort. They know nobody is going to lie for them on their application.

"It is a huge privilege to make that much. $15 per hour is enough to survive on."

No it is not. Again taxes increased, renters take advantage and jump prices unfairly and discriminating renters and buyers as well.

A privilege is something you are born with. $15 is letting you know how stupid consumers are. Like the losers running to Florida and Carolina. They are going to jack up the prices of everything slowly but surely. The value of money is going to drop.

"Okay so they came from the hood"

What is the hood?

"they have abusive families"

Again could you explain ? I think your imagination is running away with you.

"With college, the colleges bend over backwards for them now. The financial aid departments are basically PoC-only where they will go out of their way to assist PoC and regardless of really strong academic students"

The majority of black people are financially crippled one way or another. You can not apply for college off a person with a big salary on taxes. That being said it does not change at all.

.................................................. .................................................. .......................

"they hire because of their skin color and then cry about how they are oppressed for their skin color."

Being a food serving robot that cleans a garbage pail is not a victory

"The financial aid departments just block out anybody who is not a PoC"

Again you taxes. Again you need to put down how much you make per year. Income taxes.

"Here comes another Pret employee who sat down, with a tattoo sleeve. How much did that cost? If they are so poor, where did they get the money for the sleeve? He is also wearing Jordan shoes. And eating a giant thing of food, like 2 meals."

So what that person has to learn to manage money. Sometimes people dig into food to kill the insanity. I have been there twice. I was drinking on the job eating $100 + meals. Anything to kill the insanity. That is all people.

Black people census is low. That is why. Raise the population of black people first.

"I can go to Whole Foods, same thing, it is almost all PoC who work there. I can go to the NYPL and it is almost all PoC. If there is a white person it is a frail old white guy, or a wimpy white boy, or a gay white kid. They have gone out of their way to exclude straight white men"

What is a normal white straight guy? A guy with a family business and works a job he learned in college? Again we can not include 2nd language speakers like Russians or other languages?

"If I go to Bryant Park, there are two white women who eat out of the garbage cans there regularly"

Tourist leaves tons of food behind. Byrant park also have drug dealers.

"I see the most spoiled generation. They all have the clothes they want, the glasses they want, the phones they want. They go to college"

Your jealous of wreckless spending and free education because you are poor???

"If I was Latino in a hood, yeah, go into the military. It is a better lot in life than filling out thousands (and I mean Thousands) of job applications and never getting hired because of your skin color"

Your still not making any sense

"Just go into the military. A lot of people who say the military isn't that great, probably have never been on the streets"

What are you comparing? An educated person with a person who can not add 2+2=4. I mean seriously you have to understand other variables as well.

"They probably have jobs that sustain themselves. They probably have real estate they own. They sit comfy with their kids and married partners. They come from different worlds economically"

They have been through a lot of stuff not to be fooled twice in a row.

"Today I saw a white guy with blood all over himself. Beat up. Probably a broken down crack head or junky in the hood. Busted face. Blood all over the arms. It wasn't a PoC who was all bloody. I'm not seeing it"

Maybe he was attacked by Jamill Jones the guy who murdered a drunk guy after chasing him down at 1AM in the morning A lot of people here are spoiled brats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City